26th July 2018, 08:36 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to get admission in IIT for a candidate with 57.2% in 12th PCM?

Sir, I want to prepare for JEE Main and Advance. I have scored only 57.2% marks in my 12th PCM. Kindly tell me with this percentage of marks, I am eligible to secure admission in IIT? Waiting for your response!

28th July 2018, 02:14 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get admission in IIT for a candidate with 57.2% in 12th PCM?

To get admission into IIT, you have to first crack JEE Main Exam. Then, you will have to qualify JEE Advanced Exam.

To be eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced Exam,
a) your 10+2 percentage should pass the cutoff percentage (top 20 percentile) set by JEE Main organizing committee to appear in JEE Advanced exam.
or
b) your 10+2 percentage should be greater than 75% marks.

As you have secured 57.2% marks, so there is very less chance for you to appear for JEE Advanced Exam.
29th July 2018, 09:15 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility to get admission in IIT for a candidate with 57.2% in 12th PCM?

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and for admission in the same for you need to qualify JEE i.e; Joint Entrance Examination.

For appearing in JEE to take admission in IITs, you need to have completed your higher secondary school in Science stream with PCM group with at least 75% marks overall from a recognized board. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

Further, students failing to secure the marks as mentioned above can still apply for admissions in IITs if they lie among the top 20 percentile candidates of their concerned board based on their marks in Class 12th board examination which is the case for your eligibility for appearing in IITs.

For more details and FAQs related to JEE eligibility, you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
30th July 2018, 02:12 PM
PRATYASHA RAY

Hello,
You can join the IITs by securing more than the cutoffs set by the IIT that year for JEE advanced exam but you need to secure more than 75% marks in PCB in your 12th board
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?