24th February 2011, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for IFS exam for ST category candidates?

Sir i belong to ST category my date of birth is 01-11-1970 am i eligible for IFS exam 2011?

24th February 2011, 11:53 PM
omprakash sharma

Default Re: Eligibility for IFS exam for ST category candidates?

hi,

UPSC IFS Age criteria : The candidate should not be less than 21 yrs. of age & more than 30 yrs. as on 01.07.2011. The upper age is relaxed for SC / ST / OBC categories.

IFS Eligibility criteria / Educational Qualification : The applicant must have Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with at least one of the subjects like Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering. The degree must be from a recognized university.
25th February 2011, 12:25 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

For your information:

A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st July, 2011

The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
  • upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
for further details:
www.upscexam.com

regards
25th February 2011, 02:16 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Hi,

UPSC today issued notification for Indian Forest Services exan 2010.

Eligibility Conditions :

(i) Nationality

A candidate must be either :—
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India

(ii) Age Limits :

Page Top
Back to Notice

(a) A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st July, 2010, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1980 and not later than 1st July, 1989.

(b) The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable :–

(i) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.

For more information visit official website of UPSC-

http://www.upsc.gov.in
25th February 2011, 02:30 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Eligibility for IFS exam for ST category candidates?

UPSC IFS Exam Eligibility Criteria :

The candidate must make sure before applying whether he / she is eligible for the exam or not. Otherwise the application form will be rejected. The various eligibility criteria are:

Nationality :

The candidate must be either a citizen of India or Nepal or Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came to Indian before 1st Jan 1962 for permanent settlement. All such categories should have the “certificate of eligibility” as issued by the Government of India.

The candidate must be between 21 to 30 years of age. There is relaxation of 5yrs for SC / ST / Ex-serviceman / ECOs / SSCOs. 3yrs. for OBC / Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof . Also 10 yrs. relaxation for blind, deaf-mute & orthopedically handicapped persons.
Only the date of birth which is mentioned in matriculation certificate or secondary school leaving certificate or the certificate recognized by Indian University will be accepted.

Minimum Educational Qualifications :

The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with at least one of the subjects as mentioned under optional subjects in IFS Exam pattern article.

hope this info. helps..
25th February 2011, 01:24 PM
manish2588

according to your birth date your age is 40 now
and for IFS exam the candidates must be 21-30 years of age

and for ST category candidates the upper age imt is relaxed by 5 years
so maximum age for ST categoy is 35 years and yours is 40..
so sorry you are not elligible....
25th February 2011, 02:26 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
The maximum age limit for candidates belonging to SC/ST category, for the Indian Forest Service exam, is 35 years.
Since, you are not within the eligible age limit, you won't be able to take the test.
25th February 2011, 09:51 PM
xavi

Eligibility for UPSC Indian Forest Service Examination 2011:

Nationality: India National

Qualifications: A graduate’s degree with one of the disciplines namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a graduate’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering

Age Limit: 21-30 years
--for ST--relaxation upto 35yrs
17th March 2011, 08:29 AM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent
Extent of Age Relaxation Permissible
for SC and ST 5 years
17th March 2011, 08:33 AM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

hie
look in the attachment for question and answers from the topper
Attached Files
File Type: docx IFS.docx(11.7 KB, 76 views)
18th March 2011, 02:17 PM

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii....................
The candidate must be between 21 to 30 years of age. There is relaxation of 5yrs for SC / ST / Ex-serviceman / ECOs / SSCOs. 3yrs. for OBC / Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof . Also 10 yrs. relaxation for blind, deaf-mute & orthopedically handicapped persons.
Only the date of birth which is mentioned in matriculation certificate or secondary school leaving certificate or the certificate recognized by Indian University will be accepted.
(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent
Extent of Age Relaxation Permissible
for SC and ST 5 years
best of luck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
31st March 2011, 04:26 PM
sumit9897gaur

Age limit for general category:

you must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st July, 2011, i.e. must have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1981 and not later than 1st July, 1990.

But as you belong to schedule cast:

There is an age relaxation of up to a maximum of five years for candidate belonging to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.

Educational qualification:

The candidate must hold a Bachelors degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelors degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities.
[B]

The Online IFS Applications can be filled upto 18th April, 2011 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.

www.upsconline.nic.in
1st April 2011, 12:02 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility for IFS exam for ST category candidates?

Dear friend ,

IFS or Indian Forest Services exam is an important examination conducted by the UPSC for various posts under IFS.

Educational Qualifications :

You need to have any Bachelor's Degree with at-lest any of the following subjects in your Degree level (Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology )
Or
a Bachelor's degree in Forestry or in Engineering or Agriculture or any Equivalent Exam.

Important Dates of IFS 2011 Exams -

Date of Notification: 19.02.2011
Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 21.03.2011
Date of Exam: 12.06.2011.

A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st July, 2011.The number of attempts for appearing in this exam is restricted to 4 for general candidates. However, other backward classes are given 7 attempts to appear for this exam.

For more details you may visit-

http://www.upsc.gov.in/

Good day!!!!!!!!
25th April 2011, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

hello! iam studying m.b.b.s. now and my category is s.t. i have caste certificate but not caste validity certificate.iam fr om maharashtra iam i eligible for u.p.s.c. exam
29th July 2011, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

HI,
I AM FROM CHHATTISGARH.MY D.O.B. IS 06/10/1990 & IWAS STUDENT OF B.SC.FINAL YEAR. MY SUBJECT WAS MICROBIOLOGY, BOTANY, CHEMISTRY,ENGLISH,HINDI.
MY CATAGORY IS S.T. CAN I PARTICIPATE IN THIS EXAM? & BUT THERE IS A PROBLEM. I AIN'T PASSED FINAL YEAR .I MEAN I AM SUPPLYMENTRY (BACK) IN ONE PAPER .& ITS EXAM WILL BE IN OCTUBER MONTH. SO AM I ELIGIBLE FOR THIS IFS EXAM 2011????
29th October 2011, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

which subject is most easy for ifs exam. - . - . I m fresher
12th January 2012, 01:21 AM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Eligibility for IFS exam

IFS - Indian Forest Services. IFS exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

* Candidates should be the citizen of India.
* Candidates should have the age limit within 21-30 years
* For OBC it is 33 years
* For SC/ST is 35 years
* Candidates should be a graduate from a recognized university.
* Candidates should complete in Zoology,physics, botany and maths.
* Final year candidates can also appear for this exam.

Attempts:

* General -4
* SC?ST - No limit
* OBC- 7.

This is website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in

Best wishes
24th January 2012, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

sir is physical standred for sc candidate is requierd
9th July 2012, 01:37 AM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Eligibilty for IFS:

1. Graduate in any stream from recognized University.
2. Age Limit: 21-30 for general and relaxation for SCs/STs/OBC
3. 3 year relaxation for OBC and five year for SCs
4. Final year candidates can also apply

Attempts:

General: 4
OBC: 7
SCs/STs: No Limit
15th July 2013, 11:57 PM
Ankur.Sunny

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service

IFS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission of Indian once in a year for recruitment of candidate into Indian Forest Services.

Eligibility criteria for IFS examination :

• You should have completed Bachelor degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering from recognized university.

• Your Age should be in between 21 to 30 years for General category, 21 to 33 years for OBC category and 21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates.

• You should be Indian Citizen. Both Male & Female candidates are eligible to apply for this exam.

IFS Exam(Written Exam) Pattern:

Paper I - General English: 300 Marks
Paper II - General Knowledge: 300 Marks
Paper III, IV, V & VI - Any two subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects set out below. Each subject will have two papers: 200 Marks for each paper

Total marks for written examination: 1400 Marks

List of Optional Subjests :

Agriculture
Agricultural Engineering
Animal Husbandary & Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Chemical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Forestry
Geology
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Physics
Statistics
Zoology

Number Of Attempts allowed for IFS Exam :

4 Attempt for General Candidates

7 Attempts for OBC Candidates.

There is No Limits For SC/ST Candidates.

Application Procedure for UPSC IFS Exam:
Online mode only

Selection Procedure for IFS:

> Written Exam

> Interview

♦ For more detail regarding IFS Exam visit UPSC official website: http://upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?