24th July 2018, 10:59 AM
raifabdulla308

Eligibility to join Indian Navy at 21 years of age for a Diploma Computer student?

Hello, I am 18 years old right now and successfully secured admission for Diploma in Computer Engineering course. I am a 1st year student and after completing my 3 years Diploma course I want to join Indian Navy. But that time I will be 21 years of age. So, in this case I can be eligible to join Indian Navy?

28th July 2018, 07:04 PM
Aatma Parivaar
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to join Indian Navy at 21 years of age for a Diploma Computer student?

Yes,you are eligible for joining Indian Navy but there is limitation in age i.e,till

the age of 19.5 years.

Indian Navy is joined after clearing National Defence Academy exam which is

coducted by UPSC twice every year.

Eligibility criteria for NDA-

>Must be of Indian nationality.

>Should be unmarried male candidate.

>Age should be between 16.5 to 19.5 years.

>Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.

>For more information visit on www.upsc.gov.in.

>
29th July 2018, 12:53 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join Indian Navy at 21 years of age for a Diploma Computer student?

After Diploma course, you cannot directly join Indian Navy.

You must have completed either 10+2 (PCM stream) or graduation to apply for Indian Navy.

So after completing diploma course, you can pursue graduation in any field. Here, as you have completed diploma course so you will get admission directly in 2nd year of graduation course. Then, in final year of graduation, you will have to apply for CDS Exam.

Through CDS exam, you can join Indian Navy wing. Firstly, you will have to qualify Written exam and then SSB Interview.

Important Dates:
  • Exam Date: 18 November 2018
  • Online application starts: 8 August 2018
  • Last date to apply: 3 September 2018
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?