13th April 2022, 06:51 PM
VESto

Eligibility for MA Geography course in Indian University

I have done my B.Sc (physics, chemistry, and Analytical Chemistry) in 2020. As I have been a dedicated UPSC aspirant since freshman year. I develop an interest in geography and took it as optional. I want to do a MA in geography but sources keep telling me that it cannot be done. I just want to reconfirm it from you as you have exp. in this field. Kindly with utmost sincerity, I want to know which top universities offer M.A Geography programs regardless of what I have studied at the UG level, am I eligible?

15th April 2022, 11:12 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for MA Geography course in Indian University

The eligibility for MA Geography course:-

The candidates must be a bachelor's degree holder with Honours in Geography or Geography as one of the subjects with a minimum aggregate score of 50% from a recognized Indian college or university.
15th April 2022, 12:01 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue master degree in geography from a recognised university but not all the universities allow this due to limited seats and much more demand.

So, you can check the official website of the university where you want to get admission for the detail information about the admission procedure.
15th April 2022, 08:07 PM
IPHONE13

Duration is Course Duration of Master of Arts [MA] (Geography) is 2 Years. There is No Age Limit.
Minimum Percentage is Minimum of 50% aggregate marks in graduation. Subjects Required is Geography as one of the subjects studied in graduation from any of the Recognized University/College.
15th April 2022, 09:16 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to pursue M.A geography is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

It is not mandatory to have geography as main paper in bachelor degree.

So, you are eligible to pursue the course after qualifying in the admission entrance test conducted by various institutions.
15th April 2022, 10:35 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for MA Geography course in Indian University.

Graduation with Honours in Geography or Geography as one of the subjects with a minimum aggregate score of 50% from a recognized Indian College or University.

Admission Process Merit/Entrance-Based.

Duration 2 years.
16th April 2022, 12:09 AM
Msdhoni02

Eligibility for MA Geography course in Indian University.

Bachelor degree (preferably arts) holders of a minimum 3 or 4-year duration with its equivalent (10+2+3 or 10+2+4).

The degree should be from a university that is recognized by the UGC (University Grants Commission) of India. A minimum of 55% aggregate at graduation level
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?