9th January 2019, 06:13 PM
karthikarajeevan

Eligibility selection of categories for M.Com candidates in Civil Service examination?

I have completed my M.Com from Calicut university with first class. I am much interested to take Civil Service exams. Is it possible now? If yes, then in which categories of Civil Services I can apply?

14th January 2019, 04:27 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility selection of categories for M.Com candidates in Civil Service examination?

The basic qualifications required to apply for the Civil Services examination are as here under :-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, having completed your M.Com degree course which is degree Higher than a graduation degree, you are certainly eligible to apply for the same examination as far as the educational requirement for the same is concerned. Also, the query regarding the category under which you can apply for the same examination is not clear for me.

For more detailed information regarding the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in
15th January 2019, 07:44 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility selection of categories for M.Com candidates in Civil Service examination?

You are eligible to appear for the examination as per the required educational qualification.

The minimum qualification is bachelor degree in any discipline. The age criteria is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages and you have to qualify in all the stages for final selection. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th January 2019, 09:37 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

I am providing inform about UPSC examination. Minimum qualification required to appear in the examination is a bachelor degree in any discipline. You age should be between 21 and 32 years( age relaxation as per govt. Rules). Besides, you should be an Indian to appear in UPSC.

Now, as a M.Com degree holder, you are eligible for all posts such as IAS, IPS, IRS , IFS etc.
17th January 2019, 11:31 AM
Meg24

Civil service examination is conducted by UPSC annually for recruitment of candidates to the prestigious Civil service .

The so called toughest exam doesn't need the Candidate to have a specialization in any particular field as the only criteria needed if that you have to be an Indian citizen above theage of 21 having completed degree from any recognised University.

So as you have completed M.com you are eligible for the exam.
It is conducted in three stages with a gap of 3-4 months between each stage.
Start by reading ncert.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?