15th April 2018, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study BSc(Nutrition & Food Science) for 12th PCM candidate?

Hello Sir, I am interested to study BSc with the specialization of Nutrition & Food Science. But I am studying 12th with PCM subject. In this case, I am eligible to get admission for this BSc course? Please help me to know about this.

30th April 2018, 10:28 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BSc(Nutrition & Food Science) for 12th PCM candidate?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in bachelor degree in Nutrition and Food Science course.

The required qualification to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised university. The minimum required aggregate to get admission varies with course.

You are eligible to get admission in the course.

Some of the universities offering the course is :

Magadh University - Bihar.

SM Patel College of Home Science - Gujarat.
30th April 2018, 11:52 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BSc(Nutrition & Food Science) for 12th PCM candidate?

B.Sc Nutrition and Food Science is an undergraduate course and candidates have to appear and qualify for entrance test to get admission in the course.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have completed 12th from a recognised board.

There is no limitation on discipline of 12th std to appear for examination. i.e, candidates passed in any stream are eligible to appear for examination and to get admission in the course.

Magadh university, Bihar offer the course of bachelor degree in Food and Nutrition.
30th April 2018, 04:56 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue B.Sc in Nutrition and Food Science course:

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, candidates with any stream in 10+2 course are eligible to pursue this B.Sc in Nutrition and Food Science course. Further more details of this course are as follows,

>> Candidates must have completed their 12th Class in 10+2 pattern with minimum 45% marks or 50% marks from a recognized university in any discipline. The duration of this course is 3 years.

>> As you are from 12th Class PCM stream, I can say that you are certainly eligible to pursue this course.

>> Besides meeting this criteria, you are required to appear in entrance examination that is conducted by concerned university.

>> Some of the colleges offering this course are,
* SM Patel College of Home Science, Gujarat
* Magadh University, Bihar
* Acharya Prafulla Chandra College, West Bengal
* Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women's University, Mumbai..etc.,
30th April 2018, 05:45 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria for B.Sc in Nutrition and Food Science course:

Academic qualification:

Those want to pursue this course must have done 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

Minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required.

Without studying biology, you can not apply for B.Sc course in this discipline.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?