23rd December 2018, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study BTech for an SC candidate with 59% in 12th?

Hello everyone, I belongs to SC category. I have secured only 59% in my 12th PCM. I am interested to study BTech course. So, kindly tell me with this percentage I am eligible to study BTech course or not? Please let me know immediately.

25th December 2018, 12:48 PM
akhilking

Default Re: Eligibility to study BTech for an SC candidate with 59% in 12th?

Yes, You can study BTech as a SC candidate with 59% in 12th. but you can get admission in only private college.

You can not eligible for any government institute.

For good college you need at least or above 60% marks in Class 12th in five subjects (Compulsory subjects - Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB) & English.
25th December 2018, 10:17 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

eligibility criteria to study BTech for SC candidates with59% in 12th:-

Candidate must score at least 45% marks in the aggregate of any of the following three subjects in 10 + 2 examination form the recognised board / University with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. Relaxation of 2.25% marks is admissible in the aggregate marks in the case of candidate belonging to SC category and 5 years age relaxation is given to Sc / St categories
26th December 2018, 12:04 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech is Bachelor in Technology and it is generally four year course from a recognised institute or university.

The entrance examination is conducted for admission in government or private colleges.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have PCM as main paper.

The minimum required aggregate to appear for examination varies and there is also relaxation for reserved category.

So, you can visit the official website of the institute to get detail information about the admission procedure.
26th December 2018, 03:28 AM
rituja mukherjee

With the percentage of marks that you have secured at the +2 level, you're eligible to get admission in B.Tech degree course in any private Institute. The level of competition these days is so high that 59% of marks wont let you to get admission in any govt. college despite belonging to the SC category. However, you can get admission in any private college, as the number of seats are much higher as compared to the Govt. ones.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?