3rd July 2021, 04:38 AM
Govindu Vikas

Eligibility to study Psychology after 10th?

Respected sir, I have completed my open 10. Now I want to study psychology . am I eligible to study psychology.

Please answer me Sir
Thank you

3rd July 2021, 11:37 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study Psychology after 10th?

°°° As you have completed your 10th class so, you can apply for Diploma Course in Psychology but there is no use of doing diploma course after 10th because you will not get a job with handsome salary with just diploma qualification.

°°° Personally, I would like to suggest you to first complete your 12th class and after completing 12th class you can go for psychology course for 3 years degree.
You can pursue Bachelor of psychology and there are various fields in psychology course in which you can get a good job.

°°°Some of the best fields in psychology course are:

Child psychologist

Clinical psychologist

Vocational psychologist

Guidance and counselling psychologist

Industrial psychologist
4th July 2021, 04:30 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to study Psychology after 10th:-

As you have completed 10th class, So you can apply for diploma in Psychology after 10th class. But there is no use of doing diploma courses after 10th. You cannot get a good job after completing diploma course.

So, I will suggest you to first go for 12th class and after completing 12th class you can go for psychology course.

Psychology is a three years undergraduate course which you can pursue after completing 12th.
So, after completing 12th you are eligible to apply for Bachelor of Psychology.

There are various fields in psychology courses in which you can get a good job.

Some of fields in psychology course are;-

Child Psychologist
Clinical
Vocational
Guidance and Concealer Psychologist
Industrial Psychologist etc.

Some of the best Psychology colleges in India :-

Pune University
St Xavier's College, Mumbai
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
University of Mumbai
Punjab University
Madras University
University of Delhi
Presidency College, Chennai
4th July 2021, 06:05 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

--- After completing class 10th, you are eligible to pursue Diploma in Psychology.
Psychology is the study of human behaviour under various situation and other different interesting facts about life related to humans way of thinking and behaving.
But, why to pursue diploma in Psychology after 10th, as you have better option to complete your 12th standard and after 12th you can go for degree course in psychology.

Some of the best colleges in India

Pune University

Banaras Hindu University

Varanasi University of Mumbai

Panjab University

Madras University

University of Delhi

Presidency College Chennai
5th July 2021, 08:49 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed 10th class so you can apply for Diploma course in Psychology after 10th class. But there is no use of doing diploma course after 10th. You can't get a good job just after completing diploma. so I will suggest you to first go for 12th class and after completing 12th class you can go for psychology course. Psychology is a three year undergraduate course which you can pursue after completing 12th. So after completing 12th you are eligible to apply for bachelor of psychology. there are various fields in psychology course in which you can get good job.
6th July 2021, 06:20 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue psychology as one of the main subject in std 12th.

Candidates pursuing std 12th in Arts stream are eligible for pursuing psychology as main paper.

After 12th, candidates are eligible for admission in psychology hons in bachelor degree course.
7th July 2021, 07:23 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

BA Psychology or Bachelor of Arts in Psychology is a 3-year undergraduate course which is offered by many colleges and universities in India.

The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing this course is that:-

The student must have passed 10+2 level of education. The student should have qualified senior secondary with a minimum of at least 50% marks. To get more further details students can google it.
8th July 2021, 04:16 PM
Mamatha97
Junior Member+

The requirements to become a licensed psychologist are:

1. Pass the 10+2 exam preferably with Psychology as one of the subjects

2. Complete a Bachelor (BA or BS) in Psychology degree (the curriculum of which focuses on “personality development, psychotherapy, stress management and neuro-psychology”)

3. Specialization at the postgraduate level, where one can get an M.A. or M.Sc. in either Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling

4. Further specialization at the doctoral level is available as well via PhD or M.Phil
27th May 2022, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir
Can i study diploma in psychology after failed in 12th board?
31st May 2022, 06:58 PM
Naresh199

The requirements to become a licensed psychologist are: Pass the 10+2 exam preferably with Psychology as one of the subjects. Complete a Bachelor (BA or BS) in Psychology degree (the curriculum of which focuses on “personality development, psychotherapy, stress management and neuro-psychology”)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?