7th August 2022, 04:50 PM
TESWILUER

Which engineering is best Mechanical and Robotics engineering?

Please which engineering is the best between mechanical and robotics engineering. I like the two but I need to choose one. please for some orientations. And which one would you advise me to do.

8th August 2022, 09:27 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which engineering is best Mechanical and Robotics engineering?

Mechanical engineering is the application of problem-solving techniques and technical principles from the conception of a product to its sale. Mechanical engineers are employed by manufacturing companies, engineering firms, research institutions, and the federal government.

Whereas, Robotics is various disciplines of engineering and science that incorporate electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, information engineering, computer science, and other fields. Robotics engineers can work on developing experimental mobile robots for a variety of purposes, such as military and medical work or designs aimed at building self-driving cars on other planets.

So, it totally depends on you in which field you are interested to work.
9th August 2022, 04:12 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Robotic Engineer is a professional who has in depth knowledge about Mechanical Engineering with specific skills and expertise in the field of Robotics. Mechanical engineers deal with the design and development of machine parts in development.
9th August 2022, 05:42 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

You shouldn't be worried about what is best for others.
You must be worried about what excites you and what you find interesting.
Both are good options in their own way.
But taking it up as a career option , you must choose ,what you like.

Mechanical engineers deal with design and development of machine part whereas Robotics engineer is a professional who has in depth knowledge of mechanical engineering with specific skills and expertise in robotics.
Thus Robotic engineering is a wider term which includes mechanical engineering to some extent.
10th August 2022, 09:41 PM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

From a product's conception to its sale, mechanical engineering involves the use of technical ideas and problem-solving methods. Manufacturing businesses, engineering corporations, academic organizations, and the federal government all employ mechanical engineers.

Contrarily, robotics is a broad branch of engineering and research that combines elements of electronic, mechanical, informational, computer, and other engineering disciplines. Engineers in robotics can work on creating experimental mobile robots for a range of uses, such as military and medical tasks or plans to create self-driving cars on other planets.

Therefore, your choice of academic field is entirely up to you.
14th August 2022, 10:49 PM
DASHARD

Hi, It will mostly depend on your interest.
I will be able to explain you based on current & future perspective.

As you are aware, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning is on the rise exponentially. There is and will be a huge demand for Mechatronics engineer.

A plain mechanical engineer will still be a relevant profession in core sectors.
And one will have multiple open options to choose from for masters.

One of the options is to one can then go for a masters is mechatronics to enter into robotics.

But a B.Tech / B.E degree in robotics will give you an upper hand in the understanding of the subject and get a job which will be evergreen in the coming future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?