25th March 2020, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

Which engineering branch/specialization would be most beneficial to help in clearing UPSC exams?

What should I do? I want to become IPS Officer. I had passed my Diploma with 8.6 CGPA in C.S.E after 10th last year from Gwalior (M. P.). But now I want to study in Allahabad University (U. P.). What are the fields good for me to do graduation with, which help me further in UPSC exam also? My father is not allowing me to do BA. Therefore I want to know about any other course which will sound good to him and fine for me too.

28th March 2020, 08:20 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which engineering branch/specialization would be most beneficial to help in clearing UPSC exams?

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS Officers are recruited through Civil Services Exam that is conducted by UPSC every year. To be eligible for appearing in this exam, you should have completed graduation from any recognized university/institute.

Hence, whether you do BA or B.Tech, B.Sc. or BCA, you would be eligible for Civil Services Exam after course completion.

As you have done Diploma in CSE already, so you can take lateral entry admission to B.Tech/B.E. course with CSE or IT specialization.

Allahabad University offers B.E/B.Tech course in some of the its affiliated institutes. You can take admission through lateral entry in those institutes/colleges.

B.E./B.Tech has greater scope than BA course. And it will sound better to your father as well.
29th March 2020, 12:14 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which engineering branch/specialization would be most beneficial to help in clearing UPSC exams?

Candidate passed B.Tech in any stream are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages.

So, you can select the stream as per your interest.

If you have more and better understanding of the particular subject you can select it as optional paper for the Mains examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?