26th May 2010, 10:44 PM
shuhemmasood

Engineering vs. Mass Communication, Architecture or BBA?

I have just cleared the Higher Secondary CBSE with 60% aggregate and 50%in PCM.....Which branch of Engineering should I pursue?....or is a complete swith to mass communication , architecture or BBA better?

27th May 2010, 04:44 PM
james armstrong

Default Re: Engineering vs. Mass Communication, Architecture or BBA?

dont go for engineering with such marks, go for mass comm or bba
28th May 2010, 02:26 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

I will suggest you just choose those stream, in which you have perform well and in which you have more interest. If you dont get good marks in 12th exams, then dont worry, you have a chance to score good marks in graduaton and dont think if you get low marks, then you dont do engineering, if you really interested in enggineering, then
for it otherwise Mass. comm. is also the best choice only if your communication skill is good............
28th May 2010, 10:56 PM
kaushu
Senior Member++++

If you have determination to do something, you can go for any field.

Since you have done your 12th with PCM, it would be better to remain in the same field, but your performance is not satisfying enough, so it will be a little harder for you to go for engineering.

If you want to switch to a whole different field, you can go to any of the course you want.

If you want to do BBA i'll suggest you to go for BBA IT if you have studied IP or computer science in +2 level.

So, best of luck for future
29th May 2010, 03:54 AM
drdo99
Banned

Man is a social creature.
Carrer is a part of the occupation,throgh which you survive the world.
So, its your thought how you give to your life.
Engg is a technical line.

Choice of career is yours. Sometimes one should go by the market .you see where your interest goes, technicity or managerial.
good luck!
29th May 2010, 09:51 PM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

dear friend,
the both courses are good provided which course are you good and interested in .moreover engineering is a technical line while if you are good in english communication then go for mass communication .
29th May 2010, 11:53 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend, as you got 50% marks in PCM, so it is little bit difficult to choose engineering field.
you can choose BBA/BCA.
otherwise if you have good communication skills then you can choose mass communication also.
just you think about your interest.
means if you want to build your career as an engineer then you choose CSE/ECE/ME/civil for your engineering degree.
good luck.
30th May 2010, 12:00 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend, as you got 50% marks in PCM, so it is little bit difficult to choose engineering field.
you can choose BBA/BCA.
otherwise if you have good communication skills then you can choose mass communication also.
just you think about your interest.
means if you want to build your career as an engineer then you choose CSE/ECE/ME/civil for your engineering degree.
good luck.
1st June 2010, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

can compartment students apply for masscomunication
2nd June 2010, 06:57 PM
help100%

Look dear don't hesitate just chill an relaxed, the first thing i want to convey you that where ever you go you can't escape study whether its engineering or business management.So at the very beginning you yourself have to decide what you want to be you ask yourself what i'm capable of and don't determine your fate according to your marks you got in CBSE +2 ,because i have seen many people getting poor marks in joint,+2 ,even in college, but in his later life i found him to be the MD of some company.So, don't determine your fate according to your marks the very thing you should mark is what you like ,i which profession you fill soothing.
So, if you fill engineering is good any you like it then please don't hesitate opt for it, but if you think the subjects are quiet difficult then you might shift to business management, Mass Communication or Architecture.

For any further queries or any doubt about subject you are free to ask here.

Best wishes from,
help100%
15th June 2010, 08:54 PM
raghav*

Choose the one in which you are really interested, don't go for anything on the basis of what others' talk.
29th June 2010, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

i want to ask which is better architecture or bba?
8th July 2010, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

@I want to ask which is better architecture or bba?
Ans) U cannot compare the two fields, architecture an BBA, both are different, and the scenario is different in both,,the former one is technical,if u are interested in creating and u have passion of art then go for archtecture...but if u have good communication skill,want to expose urself to market and business..then BBA is better for u......BBA and archi. both r gud for growth ....and MBA after doing BBA will make ur success story more intersting ...
gud luck
15th July 2010, 09:45 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

all depends on you.
if you have capability you can qualify the exams of
bba through exams like iipm entrance exam.
mass com in du ,reputed colleges through 12th marks.
engg through iit jee,aieee,wbjee etc.
18th July 2010, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

look nothing is hard if u have full determination . if ur gk is excellent ,your english and hindi is excellent , if u r extrovert, ur communication skill is good , you can visualise everything nicely , and yes if u r creative kind of person thn you are eligible for mass communication but if in any case these qualities are not there then plz plz dnt ever think to choose this line otherwise u r going to suffer. mass communication is not limited to news channel if u do this u can jump to many fields like advertisement , pr, hr, electronic,print,web etc so think about it and yes only cretive person can be a successful person in this line .engineering is a good field if u r strong in pcm then no worry go for it even if u didnt bring a good marks u can recover it in ur graduation.
13th August 2010, 09:45 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

Don't be confused regarding choosing your career..

Because confusion leaves nothing for you except wastage of time..

Just choose a career that suits you better and that you like better among the ones you have mentioned here.

All of these career paths are good in their way..

So at first fix your mind and take the next step further..

Best of luck!
15th August 2010, 04:20 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

engg. is far more better and easier than others.
but, Nothing will pay you other then 'work hard'.
so whatever you do,do the best.
15th August 2010, 08:56 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

DEAR FRND,

AS YOUR MARKS IS LESS THAN 60% SO IT WILL BE BETTER TO GO FOR BBA RATHER THAN ENGG.

as maximum companies demands 60% in 12th.

you can do bba as it is very good career now a days.

all d best.
24th August 2010, 05:45 AM
Unregistered

What is better tourism & hotel management or CSE
31st August 2010, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

hi viewier,
i have done bba from distance education ,since i have family problem i have to job also.at present i am working in a construction firm for 4 years.
what should i study now.MBA is an option but rather than that what else i can do. i want to go ahead in the real estate firm only.please help me out.
anirban
1st October 2010, 03:07 AM
Unregistered

i am a student of business study. i have passed H.S.C in 2010.my average marks is above 74%.
but now i want to study in computer science and engineering.
BBA or computer science and engineering ,which is best for me?
31st July 2011, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

i got only 43% in PCM and oveeall 58.5% in 12th i wished to do civil eng but now m not eligible to do that and nw m pursuing for BBA but m confused that after bba i should go for MBA or PSC coz m nervous that i got poor marks so if it harms my future or not coz with such poor marks i thnk i will not get admission in good colleges of MBA so plz help me
??
12th December 2011, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

i got 60 % which field is better for me engeering or bba i am so much confuse my wish is to become engeering but some time i hesitate what happens if i would not get success then what happen in engeering ??????
24th December 2011, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

i have passed my H.S.C.from science group. Now i am in a big trouble,which subject i should choose for my graduation CSE or BBA.please suggest me which will i choose for a better career and future jobs with a good salary.
28th December 2011, 11:05 PM
joblesswork

If you have determination to do something, you can go for any field.

Since you have done your 12th with PCM, it would be better to remain in the same field, but your performance is not satisfying enough, so it will be a little harder for you to go for engineering.

If you want to switch to a whole different field, you can go to any of the course you want.

If you want to do BBA i'll suggest you to go for BBA IT if you have studied IP or computer science in +2 level.

So, best of luck for future
11th April 2012, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

i have got 85% in 12 pcm .....but i"m confused whether to do bba or engineering plz help.
17th April 2012, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: Engineering vs. Mass Communication, Architecture or BBA?

This is lakshmi, i am in a confusion whether to choose bba or architecture(it).at first i thought i would do architecture but i heard from many ppl that it is a low-pay field whereas i heard that bba is a course which has no respect so which course do i choose archor bba.i want a job security with agood salary in future and 88% is my +2 percentage
18th April 2012, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

i want to know which field have high rank , architecture or Bba?
4th June 2012, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

hi i'm planning to switch my field from engineering to BBA IT ,cuz this i what i feel is my area of interest and moreover my future aim is to do an MBA .
i've been selected for a couple of personal interviews from various institutions , but since i was grilled in a previous interview for my decision to switch and i was unable to give them a satisfactory explanation.
can anyone help me out ,with what exactly they want to hear , or what point of view they have when they question me for the interview . i need to work on an satisfactory answer in order to make it to their instituiton .
pls enlighten me with your prespective and view and suggestions
contact me on [email protected]
thank you
4th June 2012, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

hi ! i have decided to shift from my engineering to BBA IT . the reason for the switch is that i'm simply not interested in engineering and also i'm a mba aspirant and i'm much interested in the commerce field.
i've got a call for a personal interview but since the last time i was grilled for the particular reason why i decided to switch from engineering and they werent satisfied with my answer , this time i want make sure i go well prepared .
so please , do help me out here
i wanted to know whats a stasifying answer to that question and what would the interviewer like to hear .
your view,opinions,prespective about what i should be saying in the interview are most welcomed.
please do reply means a lot to me
4th June 2012, 05:21 PM
freeme.sulay

hi ! i have decided to shift from my engineering to BBA IT . the reason for the switch is that i'm simply not interested in engineering and also i'm a mba aspirant and i'm much interested in the commerce field.
i've got a call for a personal interview but since the last time i was grilled for the particular reason why i decided to switch from engineering and they werent satisfied with my answer , this time i want make sure i go well prepared .
so please , do help me out here
i wanted to know whats a stasifying answer to that question and what would the interviewer like to hear .
your view,opinions,prespective about what i should be saying in the interview are most welcomed.
please do reply means a lot to me
26th August 2012, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

Hello...I am very much confused between engineering or going for mass communication as i love PCM a lot but at the same time I am a very good public speaker,also i have a great command over english.Please suggest which of the two would be a better option on all grounds like job security,salary,working hours and so on.Plzzzzzz help me,i am very confused.
27th August 2012, 10:04 AM
soumadeep7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhemmasood View Post
I have just cleared the Higher Secondary CBSE with 60% aggregate and 50%in PCM.....Which branch of Engineering should I pursue?....or is a complete swith to mass communication , architecture or BBA better?
I will suggest you just choose those stream, in which you have perform well and in which you have more interest. If you dont get good marks in 12th exams, then dont worry, you have a chance to score good marks in graduaton and dont think if you get low marks, then you dont do engineering, if you really interested in enggineering, then
for it otherwise Mass. comm. is also the best choice only if your communication skill is good........
17th June 2013, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

I was late to do my cet exam for engineering, have got into a bba course. But now I really want to do engineering, can I appear for it next year?
1st April 2014, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Hi.. I have cleared 12th .. n now cnfused .. which stream should I go for now.... I feel engineering will b tough for me .. my aggregate in 12th is 65.5% but I feel that mass communication has a lot of struggle.. :( .. wat should I do.. plzz suggest
20th August 2014, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

I got 300 marks in first year which is best for me maths communication or bba any other field
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?