2nd February 2011, 05:14 AM
ashish_

GATE score for selection in IITs for SC candidates? Good institutes apart from IITs? Any stipend offered?

i want to ask that
what are the benifits for SC candidates in GATE.
1)what is the sustainable score in gate for surely selected in IITs.

2)apart from IITs which institutes are better.

3)Is these institutes provide me stipend... (actually heard somewhere that institutes only give full relaxation in tution-fee,hostel and mess-fee +250/-rs p/m)... if anyone did not want this relaxation inspite of this he need that stipend money then what?.... Is this possible?

2nd February 2011, 01:05 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: GATE score for selection in IITs for SC candidates? Good institutes apart from IITs? Any stipend offered?

the cut off marks for reserved students in GATE examination is less than the cut off marks for general candidate. also there are reservation of seat for SC ST PH in IIT to take admission. admission fee and other fees are also less for reserved candidate.

only GATE score is not sufficient to take admission in IIT. you have to do good in interview also to take admission in IIT. actually the GATE score carry 70% and interview carry 30%. the score also depend from which stream you are appearing in GATE examination and also for which subject you want to take admission in which IIT. visit IIT website to know all details about M.Tech admission for each IIT.

beside IIT there are so many reputed institution like NIIT, JU etc. if you fail to take admission in IIT then try for that.

yes if you take admission through GATE score you will get a stipend. this stipend is sufficient to expense hostel charge, tuition fees and other fees. do not worry about it. after taking admission to M,Tech you will get stipend for 24 months.

best wishes.
2nd February 2011, 02:26 PM
xavi

Default Re: GATE score for selection in IITs for SC candidates? Good institutes apart from IITs? Any stipend offered?

freind,

--Beside IIT there are so many reputed institution like NIT, JU etc.
yes if you take admission through GATE score you will get a stipend.
--This stipend is sufficient to expense hostel charge, tuition fees and other fees.
-- After taking admission to M.Tech you will get stipend for 24 months.

all the best
2nd February 2011, 05:43 PM
diego
Banned

Well Here is a brief summary of iit gate cutoff scores...you
The GATE cutoff scores for IITs are as follows.
Branch Category Score
Computer Science
SC

Electronics and Communication
SC

Electrical Engineering
SC

Mechanical Engineering
SC
Civil Engineering
SC
so to summarise a 450-500 score range would secure a seat fo you in an IIT.
Addtionally: there are several good colleges of IIT status
ISM,Dhambad.. Csc, electronics, electrical all branches are available in addtion to earth science subjects like mining,mineral.petroleum.
IT-BHU
NIT's
And not to forget IISc.
You will get Stipend if you get through GATE, once inside alwaz score more than 7 gpa or many places you will get cut in stipend.
2nd February 2011, 07:44 PM
dreamakhi

Location: 405, 2nd floor, phase 10, mohali, Chandigarh, India

last year cut off for sc candidate was 18.64
one who overcome the cutoff they can apply any institution and almost every private or govt institute pay scholarship to u while doing m.tech.....
2nd February 2011, 08:57 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

HI...
for an sc candidate there is an very good chance for getting into iits if they do marginally well in the exam,
first of all the cut off score is less for them,also there is reservation for them in every branch of the iit,
if you are able to score some were around 600 and you are an sc student then your admission in iits is guaranteed,
also there are many other colleges for m.tech in India,
some of them are nits,vit,bits,jhadavpur university,iisc banglore
if you are having an gate score you will definitely get an scholarship of rs.8000 from the government but for that you have to maintain your cgpa above 7
all the best
2nd February 2011, 09:37 PM
sabarish28

Gate qualified students provide a stipend Rs 10,000/- per mon
in IITs and NITs
After IITs there NITs
minimum marks for gate is 25 marks (* it may be greater than 25 ) for general students
there reservation for sc/st/bc students
11th February 2011, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum Gate Score For a SC Student to be select in the IIT?
11th February 2011, 09:12 PM
Devesh Singh14

Is A year Back Student Can also be able to be selected in a IIT through Gate Examination?
14th February 2011, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

what will be the cutoff of IIT DELHI for SC candidate in gate 2011.
14th February 2011, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

i hav scored 22 marks ....m an sc student ...what wil be mine gate score
14th February 2011, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

would please telme sir gate cut of marks for sc's in 2011; in cse
18th February 2011, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

how many marksand rank reqwired for a st student to join to iits?
18th February 2011, 06:15 PM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_ View Post
i want to ask that

3)Is these institutes provide me stipend... (actually heard somewhere that institutes only give full relaxation in tution-fee,hostel and mess-fee +250/-rs p/m)... if anyone did not want this relaxation inspite of this he need that stipend money then what?.... Is this possible?
In GATE exam SC candidates have various benifits like less competion, relaxation in exam fee and in tution fee, less cut off marks.
If you score more than 18 marks out 100 then you are surely selected but for good institutes like IITs, IISC, NIT, BITs, Anna University, Thapar University, Netaji Subash Chandra Bose institute of Tech. Delhi, JP institute, and IIITs you have to score more than 35 marks.
18th February 2011, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

i got 27.33 marks in GATE with category OBC PH can i get IIT or NIT. and what will stipend.
20th February 2011, 07:53 AM
mayankmadhur1403

If you are a SC student, then you will have to score atleast 35 marks for getting admission in iit( the marks basically varies according to branch). Institutes other than iit are iisc banglore, nits and jnu.Definitely you will scholarship if you will take admission through gate.
26th February 2011, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

i got 28 marks what is my gate score?
26th February 2011, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
with the GATE score 200 which colleges are open for me?
28th February 2011, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

sir, in gate 2011, what is the qualifying mark for a bc student in ece dept.?
2nd March 2011, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

sir,i got 65 marks in ece department,what may be the expected rank in 2011 gate
5th March 2011, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

sir, according to ref. key my gate score is 32. cai i apply for any iit or nit??
pl sir give me suggestions.
15th March 2011, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

iit guwhati for machine design branch gate cutt off is 381
15th March 2011, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

381 for iit guwhati in machine design
15th March 2011, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 26.67 marks GN/PH can i apply for iit or nit?
16th March 2011, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
My gate 2011 score is 323.
I am from civil engg. Dept.
Is there any chance for me to get an admission in nit?
16th March 2011, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I need some help....My Gate 2011 result is
Marks = 48 out of 100.
Rank= 2006
Gate Score= 607
I am a Sheduled Caste(SC) candidate.....Can you please help we ...weather i will get admission in IISC,Bangalore or IITs....
Please reply....
16th March 2011, 04:34 PM
diamond.89

sir, i9 need some help. my gate2011 (somputer science(CS))result is:-
rank-2006 (CS)
marks-48/100
Gate score-607
i am a sheduled caste(SC) candidate. Can i get admission to IISC Bangalore...or in IIT-Bombay,Delhi,Kanpur,Kharagpur...? Please help....reply
17th March 2011, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

what is gate percetil require for addmison in iit BT M.tech
18th March 2011, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

i am sc catagory and cs branch.my score 233 and 17.33 mark. can i take addm in any NIT....plz tell
18th March 2011, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

sir, please tell me what is cutoff marks for ph.(physically challenged people) in iits&niits???
19th March 2011, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 436 score in gate 2011 in SC category plz tel me is there chances to get seat in iit
20th March 2011, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 23 out of 100. What is the best suggetion for admission in M.tech course?
20th March 2011, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

si r , i m sc candidate in CSE i got 16.67 marks in gate 2011 can i get admission this year in any institution pls reply
20th March 2011, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

sir i got GATE SCORE : 222
RESERVATION : ST
BRANCH : ECE
CAN i get the admission on any NIT , UNIVERSITY . PLS inform to this mail : [email protected] , [email protected] as early as possible .
25th March 2011, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

nrank 31840, score273 and marks are 19. my name is prashant and i belong to sc catagory. can i get any nit or some other good college?
25th March 2011, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

respected sir
i got gate score 218
reservation : SC
BRANC :EC
can get a chance to admission in in any NIT's ,or university fore M.Tech and send your suggestion to this mail id :sunnymit.moradabad@gmail com, [email protected]
i'll be thankful to u..............
2nd April 2011, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i got score 323.
reservation:[ph] Gen
branch: cs
plz give me a suggestion can i got a admission in iit's and suggest good institute for m.tech at the [email protected]
25th April 2011, 12:30 AM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,i got 65 marks in ece department,what may be the expected rank in 2011 gate
hii, your rank will be around 260 to 320.
25th April 2011, 12:31 AM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

Post Re: GATE score for selection in IITs for SC candidates? Good institutes apart from IITs? Any stipend offered?

Quote:
sir, according to ref. key my gate score is 32. cai i apply for any iit or nit??
pl sir give me suggestions.
hii, you need 96 percentile to go to IIT s and 85 percentile for NIT s sorry you cant make up, but still best vtu colleges are there,try best of luck.
25th April 2011, 09:58 PM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

the cut off marks for reserved students in GATE examination is less than the cut off marks for general candidate. also there are reservation of seat for SC ST PH in IIT to take admission.

only GATE score is not sufficient to take admission in IIT. actually the GATE score carry 70% and interview carry 30%.

beside IIT there are so many reputed institution like NIIT, JU etc. if you fail to take admission in IIT then try for that.

yes if you take admission through GATE score you will get a stipend. this stipend is sufficient to expense hostel charge, tuition fees and other fees. do not worry about it. after taking admission to M,Tech you will get stipend for 24 months.
14th May 2011, 05:02 PM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

Post Re: GATE score for selection in IITs for SC candidates? Good institutes apart from IITs? Any stipend offered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devesh Singh14 View Post
Is A year Back Student Can also be able to be selected in a IIT through Gate Examination?
hii, my friend definately you can write the GATE exam , there is nothing to do with past performance, just you need to have Degree, prepare well and write as it is one of toughest exam in india.
14th May 2011, 05:04 PM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

Quote:
i got 27.33 marks in GATE with category OBC PH can i get IIT or NIT. and what will stipend.
hii, sorry even if you are from obc you cant make to iit s and nit s lots of candidtes have scored more this time you should have 35 to 45 for nit atleast.
27th May 2011, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

even sc/st students should go through the interviews..??
if he has some good score
27th May 2011, 07:25 PM
praveenkumar2828

even sc/st student should go through interviews for collages like iit's and nit's..???
31st May 2011, 01:56 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_ View Post
i want to ask that

Hii,

Yes, their are a benifit to take reserve seats from this quota ..

other then NIIT and MIT has the college where you get stipend but their ar edifference in money ..

ankur
8th June 2011, 03:36 PM
ashoklamba

Hello sir
i got 25 mark and score is 327 in gate-2011(cs). And i'm a sc student .
Plz tell me............ Can i get nit.....should i apply to dce and pec.......

Thank you.
23rd July 2011, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

what mean for GATE
17th August 2011, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

hi sir am an sc candidate..may i know the score for instrumentaion in iit,chennai???
10th September 2011, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

Is there any reservation for SC/ST students in gate admission....?If yes then how much percentage..?
12th October 2011, 02:07 AM
Unregistered

what to prepare for interview for 30% of marks to enter in iit?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?