27th August 2020, 11:44 AM
DISHAILA

Which Graduate and Post Graduate disciplines are acceptable to apply for Indian Statistical Services?

I have completed Post Graduation in Mathematics. It's plane mathematics course i.e., not Applied Mathematics and others. So, I wanted to know that whether can I apply for the Indian Statistical Service or IES or not? If no then for what post may I apply which is relevant to my degree subject?

29th August 2020, 11:19 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which Graduate and Post Graduate disciplines are acceptable to apply for Indian Statistical Services?

Educational Qualification
1)Indian Economic Service (IES):- must be post graduate in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from a recognized university
2)Indian Statistical Service (ISS):- minimum Bachelor degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subject
or
Master's degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a recognized university
Age criteria:- 21-30 years (with upper age limit for SC/ST/OBC/domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir/blind/deaf/defense personnel
Nationality:- Citizen of India

##With plane Mathematics you can try for Operations Research Analyst,Actuary,become A Mathematician ,Data Analyst,Business Analyst, Market Researcher etc

Important notification:-
Starting date to apply:-August 11, 2020
Last date to apply :-September 01, 2020
IES/ISS admit card :-September 2020 (tentative)
IES/ISS exam date :-October 16, 2020 (3 days)
30th August 2020, 11:45 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Graduate and Post Graduate disciplines are acceptable to apply for Indian Statistical Services?

The eligibility criteria for Indian Statistical Services:

>>Academic qualification required is that candidate must have acquired bachelor's degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subjects or master's degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics.

>>Candidate must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and maximum age of 30 years on 1st August 2020.

You must have necessary academic qualification mentioned above to apply for Indian Statistical Services examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?