18th September 2010, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Graduation with single major or double major? which is better?

I am second year b.sc student with subject combinations of Microbiology and Chemistry.
I am really confused of with which subject do I need to do my major with-either major in microbiology/chemistry.There is also option to do double major with "Microbiology & Biochemistry" OR "Chemistry & Biochemistry"
Is the opportunity better doing graduation with single major or double major?
Whose demand is more - single major/double major??
Please reply......

20th September 2010, 05:32 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Graduation with single major or double major? which is better?

single and double major are just like hons and pass course.so double major with "microbiology and biochemistry" is a good combination .graduation with double major is better.
20th September 2010, 07:02 PM
gunja.ahuja

I am also completed my B.SC in double major. it was really good because if you do your B.sc in double major you have knowledge of both the subject.And when you go for your masters you are having choices between two and which one you want you go for that.And BIOCHEMISTRY & MICROBIOLOGY is go because biochem have very bright future. if in future you you want to go for csir then biotech is the good subject because csir entrance syllabus is the same whatever you study in biotech.

Thanks &regards,
gunja
27th September 2010, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

I have done M.A. with English now I want to do double graduation in sanskrit so what should I do? my subsidiary subject is sanskrit in S.Y.B.A. from guj. uni.
31st December 2010, 03:52 PM
Sk.Subhani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am second year b.sc student with subject combinations of Microbiology and Chemistry.
I am really confused of with which subject do I need to do my major with-either major in microbiology/chemistry.There is also option to do double major with "Microbiology & Biochemistry" OR "Chemistry & Biochemistry"
Is the opportunity better doing graduation with single major or double major?
Whose demand is more - single major/double major??
Please reply......
You are at graduation level, at this level its better to choose two different subjects as majors.
Because, you may develop interest towards any of these two subjects in future and you want to pursue M.Sc with that specialization. At that time, you should not be in trouble.

So, its better to choose two majors at this level and better specialize in any of the subjects of your interest in Post graduation and Doctoral level.

And that too even if you want to change your specialization then that would be advantageous if you choose two majors right now.

I personally suggest you to opt for a combination for Microbiology and Biochemistry.
29th March 2011, 09:50 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
If you listen then i would suggest-
You are at graduation level, at this level its better to choose two different subjects as majors.
Because, you may develop interest towards any of these two subjects in future and you want to pursue M.Sc with that specialization. At that time, you should not be in trouble.

So, its better to choose two majors at this level and better specialize in any of the subjects of your interest in Post graduation and Doctoral level.

And that too even if you want to change your specialization then that would be advantageous if you choose two majors right now.

I personally suggest you to opt for a combination for Microbiology and Biochemistry.

Thanks.
All the best.
5th March 2012, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

I did my graduation with microbiology, chemistry and botany combination. Now i am trying in teaching line. For the post of TGT as well as PGT (biology) in kendriya vidyalaya it is necessary to have botany and zoology as an essential subjects in graduation. what should i do now? plz ....give me suggestions.
4th May 2012, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

i m the student of M.Sc.Geology from HNBG University srinagar garhwal. my subject combination in B.Sc. was Zoology, Botany, Geology. can i do B.Sc. with single subject Chemistry from any university? please suggest me, can it possible?
4th May 2012, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

i did my graduation with Zoology, Botany and geology combination from HNBG University Srinagar garhwal. now i m doing M.Sc. Geology. i wants know that can i do graduation again with a single subject chemistry? please ans me.
2nd October 2012, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

i hv completed a graduation degree in b.com(pass), i want to do geography hons. in regular basis as i was a science student in 12th standard, if i can then plz tell me where from in india i can do.

Ritika Shaw
3rd October 2012, 12:05 AM
vidh
Senior Member+

hello
If you listen then i would suggest-

24th April 2017, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

I want to get double graduation in sanskrit subject. I completed B.a M.a. English subject. B.ed with English,sanskrit
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?