3rd June 2020, 11:10 AM
srikrish7

Which has more scope among PCM with Biology v/s PCM with Computer Science?

After 10th standard, I need help in choosing the stream for 11th and 12th standard. My confusion is choosing between PCM with Biology VS Computer Science. I am not able to decide, my true interests. Thank you

4th June 2020, 12:50 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which has more scope among PCM with Biology v/s PCM with Computer Science?

---- You should go with your interest like if you are having interesting Biology then you should opt for Biology stream and if you are interested in Computer Science then you should go for computer science stream.

--- Personally, I would suggest you that you should go for Computer Sciencealong with physics, chemistry and mathematics because it will help for you to make your future bright and computer has more demand today. If you complete your graduation like BTech in computer science or BTech in computer related fields then you can work in multinational companies and these companies offer salary starting from 1 lakh.
4th June 2020, 01:14 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which has more scope among PCM with Biology v/s PCM with Computer Science?

According to me, PCM with computer will be a good option as you will gain nothing with biotechnology but computers will certainly help you a lot in case you decide to do computer engineering in your college life. And definitely depends on your interest.
6th June 2020, 08:12 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Both the subject combinations have their own benefits in terms of future aspects.

PCM + Computer Science
In 11th and 12th standard, you will learn any programming language which will be part of your curriculum. It could be C, C++, Java or Python depending upon the syllabus. This will help you if you pursue Engineering in IT or Computer Science after 12th standard. Not only this, it will also help you when you get job in IT sector.

PCM + Biology
After choosing Biology for 11th and 12th standard, you will have multiple options with you. You can choose engineering or medical field. So, Biology will open up multiple options for you to choose after passing 12th standard. Also, there are few courses like Genetic Engineering that require PCMB stream so you can pursue that also.

Now, its upto you to choose the subject combination as per your future goals. If you are firmly determined towards making career in IT sector, then Computer Science is best option for you. While for medical sector, you must go with Biology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?