3rd January 2012, 09:52 PM
meghana chode

Are hotel management courses equivalent to diploma courses? Can I purse these course simultaneously with my schooling? Suggest some hotel management courses

hello,
i am a 11th commerce student of a state board English medium school at Jamnagar,Gujarat.I want to go for hotel management as my profession in future i wanted to know if these courses are like the diploma courses or we can pursue these simultaneously with schooling.if yes,then are there any courses which can help me in future

19th April 2012, 03:42 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: Are hotel management courses equivalent to diploma courses? Can I purse these course simultaneously with my schooling? Suggest some hotel management courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghana chode View Post
hello,
i am a 11th commerce student of a state board English medium school at Jamnagar,Gujarat.I want to go for hotel management as my profession in future i wanted to know if these courses are like the diploma courses or we can pursue these simultaneously with schooling.if yes,then are there any courses which can help me in future
Different institution have different type of diploma course in Hotel management and have different eligibility criteria.

But, most of them would require minimum class XII pass from a recognised school/board. If you are in class XI then it will not be possible for you to pursue diploma Hotel Management at this stage.

Moreover, i would suggest you to complete your higher secondary and then try for the course. Go for a full time degree course rather than doing Diploma. Once you complete you Bachelor's in Hotel Management you will be eligible to get job in reputed Hospitality industry. And if you want to study further then you can do your masters as well. Doing full time course open the doors for jobs in 5stars Hotels, Nationally and Internationally.
If you do Diploma, which might be of 6 months or 1 year the job prospect will be less and you might land getting a job in local Hotels or resorts.
10th May 2012, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Are hotel management courses equivalent to diploma courses? Can I purse these course simultaneously with my schooling? Suggest some hotel management courses

Can i get good job after doing diploma in hotel managment.
21st March 2013, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

can i do diploma in hotel managment after completing class 10
26th February 2014, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Name of books of hotel management for guidance
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?