31st May 2018, 02:25 AM

How to apply for OBC certificate? Benefits of having OBC certificate?

Hello Sir, I came under OBC category but I don't have the OBC certificate. I don't know what are the benefits of having an OBC certificate. Please tell me how I can apply for this certificate and what are it's benefits?

15th June 2018, 05:06 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for OBC certificate? Benefits of having OBC certificate?

OBC (Other Backward Caste) certificate issued based on the income status of your parents.
OBC certificate is divided into two types they are Non Creamy Layer (NCL) & Creamy Layer (CL), based on the income the certicates are issued.
If your income is less than 6 Lakhs you will be eligible for non creamy layer and if it is more than 6 Lakhs then you are eligible for creamy layer.

There will be lot of benefits by having a OBC certificate, jobs, college admissions, age relaxation, percentage relaxation and etc.,

The application process is given below:
- You need to visit your Tahasildar office or MRO or SDM office.
- Fill the application form with all the required personal details.
- You need to submit few documents like identity proof, address proof, income certificate, affidavit for caste certificate and proof caste.
- Submit the application form and all the required documents in the Tahasildar/ MRO/ SDM office.

After few weeks you'll receive a message about your certificate which you can collect from the office.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?