27th February 2019, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for the post of ASM in Indian Railways?

Sir, I'm Naveen Menan, doing my B.Com (c.a) from Vivekananda College and I'm in my final year now. I have still 2 months to complete. I'm interested in joining Indian Railway for the post ASM. How should I fill the qualification part, whether I need to fill B.Com final year pursuing or something else? Please do clarify my doubts.

1st March 2019, 06:31 PM
kachhadiyasarika
Member+

Default Re: How to apply for the post of ASM in Indian Railways?

RRB has released notification for the recruitment of ASM (Assistant Station Master) posts. As per eligibility criteria, Final year students can't apply. So, You are not eligible to apply for this recruitment.

Eligibility
- You must be an Indian.
- You must have passed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Graduation final year students waiting for results can not apply.
- Age Limit : 18 to 32 years. Reserved categories will get relaxation benefits.
- You must be fit physically in all respects.

Selection
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Aptitude Test

Final selection will be based on 70% weightage from Main Exam and 30% weightage from Aptitude Test.

RRB ASM Exam Pattern
- Number of Questions : 100
- Total Marks : 100
- Exam Duration : 90 Minutes

Syllabus
- Arithmetic Ability : 25 Marks
- General Science : 30 Marks
- General Intelligence : 25 Marks
- General Knowledge : 20 Marks

Application Procedure
- Visit the official website of RRB.
- Click on "Announcement".
- Click on notification of Assistant Station Master.
- Read entire notification carefully.
- Fill the application form correctly.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature.
- Pay application fee online.
- Submit your application.
1st March 2019, 08:24 PM
sajid98

Post Re: How to apply for the post of ASM in Indian Railways?

There are so many rrb you have to choose one of them and carefully read the notification in detail.. most probably final year student are not eligible.. if you are eligible then go online portal and fill up the form very carefully and keep asm first position in post preference..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?