4th November 2017, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

How to become an astronaut under ISRO or NASA after completion of studies?

I am a boy studying in 8th standard at soundarya central school Bangalore. I have a single dream in my life to become an astronaut, can I get the qualifications I required? Can someone suggest me the right steps for me next? Thank you!

10th November 2017, 11:22 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an astronaut under ISRO or NASA after completion of studies?

For becoming an astronaut, firstly you will have to complete your 10th standard.

Then, opt for PCM stream i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 11th and 12th standard.

While studying in 12th standard, you will have to apply for engineering entrance exams like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, MH-CET, VITEE, SRMEE, BITSAT, etc.

Then, opt for Aerospace Engineering/Aeronautical Engineering during counselling for taking admission.

Finally, during campus placements you can get job into Aerospace companies like HAL, Dassault Aviation, National Aerospace Laboratories, etc.

In order to get astronaut job into DRDO, ISRO and other reputed organizations, you will have to qualify GATE Exam that is conducted jointly by IITs.

After getting experience in DRDO or ISRO, you can apply for astronaut post into NASA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?