19th October 2012, 07:10 PM
karimi.nikhila

How to become a custom officer? How much is the score required? When will the notification will get released?

Hi Sir,

I am 2011 passout batch,I want to become a Customs Officer ,Could do pls guide me that only upsc exam or else are there any exams to write to become Customs Officer and may I know what is the score to secure in the exam .
Could do pls guide me when will be the notifications will be relased

Thanks,
K.Nikhila

15th March 2013, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become a custom officer? How much is the score required? When will the notification will get released?

my qualification is ss with credable result. i am a youth i dont want to be idle, that is the reason why i want to join costom service i need help,and guidiace to join. i will be gratfull sir. my names are promise eko a ebonufied citizen of nigeria this is what i have to say. yours cincerly promise eko phone 08101587336.
31st May 2016, 09:56 PM
sah.alok932

Default Re: How to become a custom officer? How much is the score required? When will the notification will get released?

In order to become a custom officer,the best way is to apply for UPSC civil services exam.
Only by applying through UPSC, one can become a custom officer. There is no way other to become a custom officer apart from UPSC civil services.

Civil services are the exam conducted to recruit candidates for several high ranking posts under government that includes IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS etc. among them comes custom officer services, one need to rank well to be selected for custom officer post in civil services. The selection is done on the basis of ranks scored in civil service exams and only those who rank well gets higher rank services, for example-the candidate who came from 1 to 250 rank will be assigned for IAS automatically and anyone after that say 251th rank will be assigned IFS, after that comes IPS followed by IRS like that to the end.

Hence as custom officer job is a high ranking group-A gazetted officer job, you need to rank extremely well to be within top 1000 to get assigned for custom officer job.

The notifications for exam are released every year typically in the month of May,any time in may month, the notification are released in that time period on the official website of UPSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?