18th September 2019, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

How to become an English PGT (Government)?

How to become an English Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) in government colleges or high schools after completion of B.Com? What further education are required for this? Any entrance requirement?

29th November 2019, 12:07 AM
sarika1993

Default Re: How to become an English PGT (Government)?

You can opt any master degree with English as one of the subjects to become eligible for PGT (English). You must have B.Ed degree to become a teacher which is compulsory. After postgraduation with English, You can apply for state level TET or CTET with good score to become a government teacher.

PGT (English) Eligibility
- You must have passed Master's degree with English as a one of the subjects with at least 55% marks from a recognized university.
- You must have passed B.Ed/M.Ed with at least 55% marks from a recognized university.
- You need to clear entrance exam state level TET or CTET.
- You must have knowledge of computer.
30th November 2019, 04:54 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an English PGT (Government)?

PGT stands for Post-Graduate Teacher.

To Become a PGT teacher in Government School, you will have to qualify TET(Teacher Eligibility Test) or, CTET(Central Teacher Eligibility Test).

The educational qualification required for the TET examination mentioned below:-

1. Candidates must have completed their Master degree in any stream with English is one of the subjects with at least 55% marks from any recognised college or university.

2. Candidates must have B.Ed degree with at least 55% marks.

3. Nationality:- Indian.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?