8th August 2012, 03:14 PM
pramodkumar j

How to become an IAS officer? I am a B.E Electronics Holder

how to became an IAS officer...? i am an BE electronics holder...give me complete suggestion..

Related Questions:
  1. Scope of msc electronics in government sector? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to become a RTO officer? I am a Mechanical diploma holder
  3. How can I get a better job if I am a electronics and communication diploma holder?
  4. Can an ELNE diploma holder take admission in COEP for extc? I'm a diploma holder in Electronics engineering and want to get admisison in COEP college for degree
  5. Am I eligible to become a custom officer? I am a BBM holder and my percentage is 50
  6. Am I eligible to apply for IBPS exam being a Electronics & Communication Diploma Holder? -- [New]
  7. Previous year papers of Junior Engineering in Government for Diploma holder in Electronics Engineering?
  8. Will there be any Jobs for me in Pakistan being a Diploma holder of Electronics?
  9. Is there any college offering M.Tech for BSc students? I am doing BSc in Mineral Beneficiation
  10. How to take admission in B.Tech 2nd year? I am a diploma holder in electronics engineering
  11. How to do B.Tech in electronics through distance mode or part time in Gujarat, Rajasthan or MP? I am a diploma holder
  12. What is the difference between B.E and B.Tech? I am a diploma holder in electronics and telecommunication
  13. How should i appear for IFS exam? I am a degree holder in electronics and communication engineering
  14. List of distance colleges which offers Diploma in Electronics Engineering for ITI Electronics holder?
  15. Where can I find job in Electronics or Telecom field?
  16. Procedure to apply for Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering for ITI holder?
  17. After passing diploma in electronics engineering branch how to get jobs in SAIL?
  18. Opportunities in Railways for B.Tech EEE holder?
10th August 2012, 10:30 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer? I am a B.E Electronics Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar j View Post
how to became an IAS officer...? i am an BE electronics holder...give me complete suggestion..
Hey friend,

How to become an IAS officer?

If you want to become a IAS Officer, you need to write the Civil Service Exam which is being conducted by UPSC every year.IAS is one of the Indian Civil Service and for joining in it you need to write the IAS Exam.

The candidates are selected through 3 stages:

> Preliminary Exam
> Main Exam
> Interview

As you have told that you are a B.E Electronics student,it is enough for you to write the IAS Exam as regarding the education qualification.

The other standards would include such as:

Nationality:

~ You need to be a citizen of India

Age Limit:

~ The age limit for the IAS Exam is that the candidate should have 21-30 years of age

~ The candidates of Sc/ST should have 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years

~ Ex-service men get 5 years exception from the prescribed limits

Education Qualification:

~ Education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate must have completed a degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage in any discipline

If you satisfy them all then you are eligible for the IAS Exam

You can apply for the exam in 2 modes:

-> Online
-> Offline

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th August 2012, 10:45 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
IAS - Indian Administrative Service
As you are asking about guidance in 12th for becoming IAS officer, let's look at the eligibility criteria required for IAS.
Academic Qualification :
* You must be a graduate in any of the streams from a recognized university.
Age limits :
You must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:
upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes(BC's)
Number of attempts :
The number of attempts can vary based on the Reservation your have i.e
- General candidates: four attempts.
- Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates: No restriction.
- Other Backward Classes: seven attempts.
Depending upon the eligibility criteria for IAS you must be a graduate irrespective of your percentage in 10th and 12th, you must also fulfill the Eligibility criteria in order for you to opt for IAS.
Thank you
11th August 2012, 08:52 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar j View Post
For the Indian Administrative Service, the Union Public Service Commission conducts an entrance examination known as a civil service examination.
For civil service examination, one must possess a bachelor's degree in any discipline, awarded by a recognized university.
Graduates in any discipline, regardless of the grade obtained in the qualifying examination, may write Civil Service Examination if she/he is within the age limit of 21-30 years.
The maximum age, however, is relaxed upto 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC category and 5 years for candidates from SC / ST category.

As for the format of the exam, it consists of the following steps:
  • Preliminary Examination
  • Main Examination
  • Interview

Qualifying each step is required to move to the next level, and upon successful completion of all phases and being among the top performers, you will be selected for Indian Administrative Service
The Civil Service Examination is held once a year and in order to keep yourself updated about the upcoming civil service examination, please refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?