2nd March 2012, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS Officer? What is the minimum qualification for this?

How can ibecome an ias officer?what it's minimum qualification?since iam a teenager,how many would i take to become an ias?

Related Questions:
  1. How to become an IAS Officer? What is the minimum qualification for this?
  2. How to become IAS officer? Minimum qualification required for IAS? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Minimum Qualification required to become an IAS Officer?
  4. After 2nd PUC how long does it takes to become an IAS Officer? Starting salary and minimum required physical standard?
  5. Physical fitness requirements, starting salary and duration of IAS Officer training for 2nd PUC student?
  6. How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? I am in 12th standard(maths stream)
  7. What is the minimum qualification required to become an IAS officer
  8. Minimum qualification required to become a IAS officer?
  9. What is the qualification required to become an I.A.S. officer? How to become an IAS officer? What are the exams to be appeared? How to qualify in them?
  10. Which will be most preferred field for graduation to become an IAS Officer? -- [New]
  11. How to become an IAS Officer? Required Qualification to become an IAS Officer?
  12. Minimum qualification required for IAS
  13. Minimum Qualification required to write IAS Exam?
  14. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer?
  15. How to become an IAS officer?
  16. Eligibility and qualification needed for IAS officer's post?
  17. Is AMIE qualification allowed for IAS exam? Minimum percentage required for AMIE?
  18. Age limit for IAS and IPS exam? Minimum and Maximum requirements to become IAS and IPS officer?
2nd March 2012, 04:50 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: How to become an IAS Officer? What is the minimum qualification for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How can ibecome an ias officer?what it's minimum qualification?since iam a teenager,how many would i take to become an ias?
How to become an IAS Officer?

Dear Aspirant, You can become IAS officer by giving Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC once in a year. The notification for the IAS exam will come out in the month of january and it will be open upto end of february and the exam is conducted in the month of May.
For all future notification regrading IAS exam visit Official website: http://upsc.gov.in
IAS:-Indian Administrative Service

UPSC:-Union Public Service Commission.

What is the minimum qualification for this?

~For IAS, You have to complede Graduation from any stream from recognized College.

~Graduation final year candidates eligible to apply.

~Your Age must be between 21 to 33 years for General category(21 to 35 for OBC, 21 to 35 for SC/ST).

~You must be an Indian citizen.

Number of Permissible Attempts for UPSC Civil Service Exam:

4 for General Catagory

7 for OBC Category

and Unlimited for SC/ST.

Civil service Exam has 3- Stages:
  • Preliminary Examination
  • Main Examination
  • Interview

>>>For any other detail regarding IAS Civil Service Examination Click Here
2nd March 2012, 05:41 PM
er.skp.me

Thumbs up Re: How to become an IAS Officer? What is the minimum qualification for this?

Quote:
Dear friend

A candidate must be either:
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Educational qualification
candidate should hold a degree in any field from ant recognized university

Age Limits

A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, in the year of examination.
The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable in the follwing cases:
• Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe: upto a maximum of five years.
• Other Backward Classes: upto a maximum of three years.
• State of Jammu & Kashmir (Domiciled during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989): upto a maximum of five years.

Number of attempts

• General candidates: four attempts.
• Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates: No restriction.
• Other Backward Classes: seven attempts.
• An attempt at a Preliminary Examination is considered an attempt at the examination.

for more details log on to
http://upsc.gov.in
Best of luck
2nd March 2012, 05:57 PM
priyanka_22

Default Re: How to become an IAS Officer? What is the minimum qualification for this?

Quote:
Do you have that Will than YOU CAN become an IAS Officer

IAS : Indian Administrative Services is one of the most highly reputed examination as it involves the Recruitment of very qualified and reputed designations as:

Organized at all India Level by Union Public Service Commision.

MINIMUM Qualification and CRITERIA TO APPEAR IN IAS

AGE LIMIT

• For Genaral Category : 21 to 33 years
  • SC/ST and OBC Category : 2 year relaxation in Upper Age Limit ti.e 21 to 35 years you can apply upto.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION

• Must posses a Bahcelor Degree from recognized institute.

So, i think you are Eligible enough to apply in this Examination

Best Wishes
2nd March 2012, 07:41 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS Officer? What is the minimum qualification for this?

Quote:
HI!

I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream from recognized university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
2nd March 2012, 10:13 PM
tudi.swethna

Smile Re: How to become an IAS Officer? What is the minimum qualification for this?

Hai buddy..
Well to become IAS officer first you need pass Civil Services examination, which is held by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

The selection procedure for IAS is
1.CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test0
2.Civil Services Main Examination
3.Interview.
Minimum Qulification for IAS,
according to Academic
1.He/she should have completed graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university. There is no percentage criteria for the candidates in Graduation to be eligible for this exam.
2.Candidates who have appeared for final year exams of Graduation and waiting for the results can also apply for this exam.

Age criteria :
1.One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
2.Relaxations is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.
All the Best.. i wish you will slected for IAS
2nd March 2012, 10:47 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS-INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer one has to appear and crack Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any discipline from a recognised University within the age of 231 to 30 years of age. The upper age is relaxed up to 5 years for SC/ST/PH candidate and for OBC up to 3 years.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam comprises of all objective type questions.

Civil Service Main Exam comprises of subjective type questions from prescribed syllabus.

Personal Inteview.

For more information you may log on to the official website of UPSC i.e.www.upsc.gov.in
2nd March 2012, 11:36 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

IAS Eligibility:

Educational qualification :

any degree of a recognized university or equivalent with 60% marks

Age limit :

general candidates : 21 to 30 years
obc candidates : 21 to 33 years
sc/st candidates : 21 to 35 years

selection process :

preliminary exam
main exam
interview

No Of Attempts :

general candidates - 4 times
obc candidates - 7 times
sc/st no limit
for more details http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd March 2012, 12:15 AM
harshadg

Hi,
For becoming an IAS officer you have to give civil services exam conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility criteria for this exam is-

For IAS, You have to complede Graduation from any stream from recognized College.

Graduation final year candidates eligible to apply.

Your Age must be between 21 to 33 years for General category(21 to 35 for OBC, 21 to 35 for SC/ST).

You must be an Indian citizen.
For more information you should visit-
http://www.upsc.gov.in/

Best of luck
3rd March 2012, 02:46 AM
anshu singh bhadoriya

Smile Re: How to become an IAS Officer? What is the minimum qualification for this?

minimum qualification for civil service exam is graduation and aspirant must have minimum age 21 year. after giving civil service exam held by upsc you can become an IAS officer. all the best for your dream.
3rd March 2012, 05:28 AM
ghutuk

Im very glad to hear that you want to become an IAS officer.

The minimum qualification required for the same is Graduation from any rocognized university (appearing candidate can also apply). And the age limit for this is 21 years to 30 years (relaxation upto 3 years for OBC candidate and 5 years for SC/ST candidate).

This exam is conducted by UPSC once in a year, last date to apply for this exam is 05-03-2012. For more detail regarding this you can visit www.upsc.gov.in or go througt the attached pdf file.

Best of luck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf upsc civil services 2012.pmd.pdf(327.3 KB, 272 views)
23rd March 2012, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

i am of 8th class can you tell me how many years i have to wait for how many years? to complete my dream and what i should read and which marks ishould get?
24th March 2012, 01:18 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Indian Administrative Service

To become an IAS officer you will have to give civil service exam.

Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC every year.

To write IAS exam you must have Graduate degree in any stream from recognised university.

Age should be minimum 21 and maximum 30 years for General categories.

Relaxation for OBC is 3 year and for SC/ST is 5 year.

Open category candidates have 4 attempts to write IAS exam.

OBC category candidates have 7 attempts to write IAS exam.

SC/ST category candidates have no limit to write this exam .

Fee for general candidate is Rs. 100 only. No fee for sc/st/pd.

IAS exam held in three terms:-

1.Prilims Exam
2.Mains Exam
3.Interview

For More Detail -- www.upsc.gov.in
28th March 2012, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

I AM IN 11TH NOW AND WANT TO PREPARE FOR ISEET 2014, PLZ TELL ME WHICH INSTITUTES CORRESPONDANCE COURSE SHOULD I PREFER, WILL IT BE HELPFUL FOR ME WILL IT ALSO BE HELPFUL FOR SOME OTHER ENGINEERING ENTRANCE EXAMS???
28th March 2012, 08:31 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Indian Administration Service exam is held once in year is conducted by UPSC

Minimum Eligibility for IAS exam

1.Graduated from recognized university in any discipline.

2.final year student can also apply.

Age should be between
21 to 30 years for General category candidates
21to 33 year for OBC category candidates
21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates

Number of attempts:
4 attempts for General category candidates.
7 attempts for Obc category candidates
14 attempts for SC/ST category candidates.

There are 3 stages in IAS that should be cleared by the candidate.

STAGE I ---- Preliminary exam (OBJECTIVE TYPE)
STAGE II----- Main exam (DESCRIPTIVE TYPE)
STAGE III---- Personal interview

Clearing one will get you to another level exam.

28th March 2012, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am Ghanshyam sharma,i got in 10th 52%,in 12th 62% and in B.Sc 51% Am i eligible for IAS exam?plz send me reply at [email protected].
28th March 2012, 09:08 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you are interested in IAS examination
Then please go through these criteria details below

IAS CRITERIA :

Academic Qualification :
The candidate must be graduate from any university.

Age Limit :
For General :21 to 30 years.[SC/ST will get 5 years age relaxation and OBC will get 3 year age relaxation]

No Of Attempts :
General : 4.
SC/ST: Unlimited.
OBC :7.

BOOKS :

28th March 2012, 09:20 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

For IAS, You have to
complede Graduation
from any stream from
recognized College.
~Graduation final year
candidates eligible to
apply.
~Your Age must be
between 21 to 33 years
for General category(21
to 35 for OBC, 21 to 35
for SC/ST).
~You must be an Indian
citizen.
Number of Permissible
Attempts for UPSC Civil
Service Exam:
4 for General Catagory
7 for OBC Category
and Unlimited for SC/ST.
Civil service Exam has 3-
Stages:
Preliminary Examination
Main Examination
Interview
>>>For any other detail
regarding IAS Civil
Service Examination
12th April 2012, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

there is no any whole description to clearify the doubts of teenagers and employees. plz show some any other eligibilities.
21st April 2012, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IAS?Can you say names any reference books?
28th May 2012, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

how many percentages of marks in different categories required to qualify Ias examination 2012 according to the condition UPSC IAS 2012 under the law govt. of india?
30th June 2012, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

hi.now i am in 9TH standard and i want to become IAS which subject i can choose and after 12 which college i can choose?
12th August 2012, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

sir,i m 2nd year b.e student howcan prepare for upsc.......inorder to pass upsc,,,,,,,,,,,,my dream.........please help me by suggesting books and magazines sir any one can help me by mailing to [email protected] please sir help me to make my dreams come true...............................
12th August 2012, 05:38 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

ELIGIBILITY CRIteria-

You can become IAS officer by giving Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC once in a year.

The notification for the IAS exam will come out in the month of january and it will be open upto end of february and the exam is conducted in the month of May.

For all future notification regrading IAS exam visit Official website: http://upsc.gov.in
IAS:-Indian Administrative Service

UPSC:-Union Public Service Commission.

Minimum qualification

~For IAS, You have to complede Graduation from any stream from recognized College.

~Graduation final year candidates eligible to apply.

~Your Age must be between 21 to 33 years for General category(21 to 35 for OBC, 21 to 35 for SC/ST).

~You must be an Indian citizen.

Number of Permissible Attempts for UPSC Civil Service Exam:

4 for General Catagory

7 for OBC Category

and Unlimited for SC/ST.

Civil service Exam has 3- Stages:
Preliminary Examination
Main Examination
Interview

>>>For any other detail regarding IAS Civil Service Examination Click Here
12th August 2012, 08:27 PM
grewal1993

Quote:
hello frnds ,if u want to become IAS officer then u needs to pass your +2 through medical ,non-medical or commerce.after graduation you will do Engineering ,bsc honors or BBA ,BCA or other cources in this fields ,this is the way to become IAS officer in minimum time thanks
3rd February 2013, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

what is the syllabus of the IAS course
25th February 2013, 10:42 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
To become an IAS officer you need to apply for the civil services exam and the exam is conducted by every year by the upsc and the exam is conducted in two phases:
1.Prelims and those who clear the exam are applicable for the second phase i.e,
2.Mains

And finally the Interview is held..

And for more information you can visit www.upsconline.nic.in
17th April 2013, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

i read in 1year so can i fill in the I.A.S form
9th July 2013, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Helllo sir I m durgesh kumar tiwary studying in delhi university for pol.science in 1styear iwant to become IAS officer what could ido sir please give me instruction y email id is. [email protected]
7th March 2014, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

I am a b.sc medical student...
i m average in study...
But i wanna become a ias
how should i prepare for this...??
29th July 2014, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

Since i am in only 9th class and i want to became an i.s officer so what i want to do for this exams from nowards
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?