23rd June 2011, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS while pursuing B.tech in Electrical engineering

i m persuing b.tech in electrical engg. but my only aim is TO BECOME an IAS SHOULD I choose electrical engg. as optional subject .

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do M.Tech from nanotechnology after pursuing B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
  2. Information regarding IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing EEE?
  3. What can I do after SSC exam?
  4. Which subjects should an Electrical Engineer choose for IAS exam? Will electrical engineering and zoology be helpful for me as mains paper?
  5. How can I join IAF as an electrical engineer? I am pursuing B.Tech first year from electrical and electronics engineering branch
  6. What is the fee structure of 4 year B.Tech in MIT Bangalore
  7. Which are the different electrical companies? I am pursuing B.E B.Tech in Electrical engineering
  8. How to become IAS official after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in electrical and electronics engineering? Study material for preparation?
  9. How do I prepare to become an IAS Officer pursuing BE in Civil Engineering?
  10. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  11. Books to be referred for electrical engineering? I am pursuing B.E in electrical engineering
  12. Names of the universities through which I can complete my B.Tech in Haryana? I have passed diploma in Mechanical
  13. How should I join B.Tech course after completing diploma engineering in electrical engineering?
  14. Institutes for training and projects for btech electrical and electronics branch third years -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can a computer science engineering student give IAS exam and IES?
  16. Which two subjects are best suited for IAS preparations for an electrical engineering student?
  17. Can I study B.Tech(Electrical & Electronics Engineering) being a Diploma Electrical Engineer? -- [New]
  18. Can I join electrical engineering stream for IES exam? I am pursuing EIE
8th August 2012, 06:35 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS while pursuing B.tech in Electrical engineering

You can apply for an IAS officer post only after you complete your graduate studies. Even when you are doing final year graduation, you can apply for this post. You can take up any subjects as per your choice. 21 years is the lower age required to apply for this. On the other hand, higher age limit is 30 years. Attend UPSC Civil Services exam so as to get selected as an IAS officer.
8th August 2012, 10:36 PM
singhhr23

Default Re: How to become an IAS while pursuing B.tech in Electrical engineering

IAS stand for Indian Administrative Service. It's is a very reputed post of government job.
Any one who completed graduation they can apply for IAS exam. so first of all you should complete your graduation after that you can apply for IAS exam.
To become an IAS officer you will have to give civil service exam which is conduct every year by UPSC.

For this exam you must have graduate degree in any stream from recognised university.
Age should be minimum 21 and maximum 30 years for general categories.
Relaxation for obc is 3 year and for sc/st is 5 year.

In IAS exam only four attempts for general,for obc 7 attempts and no limit for sc/st.
Fee for general candidate is Rs. 100 only. No fee for sc/st/pd.

Thanks...
9th August 2012, 02:55 AM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Hello Dear,

If you are serious about IAS, then you should start your preparation now.

IAS(Indian Administration Services) is the exam conducted by UPSC. And really tough to clear, so should be prepare for it.

Eligibility Criteria:

1. Candidate must be graduate in any stream from recognized University.

2. Age Limit: 21-30 years.

Subjects: As you have mentioned that you want to select your electrical subjects for exam preparation, then you can. Yes, you can select your subjects of Electrical Engineering.

Now, don't waste your time. Start your study about this now and if you feel need to take coaching then must go for that.

Wish you all the very best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?