13th April 2020, 10:03 PM
Vinod pujeri

How to become a Pilot in IAF after completion of 12th Board exams?

I am studying in 12th class from Science stream and wants to join IAF as a Pilot as soon as I qualify my 12th. So, what should I do after 12th? Do I need to write any entrance or study any further courses?

15th April 2020, 11:22 AM
kachhadiyaramesh

Default Re: How to become a Pilot in IAF after completion of 12th Board exams?

If you want to apply for IAF Pilot just after 12th class, then you should join NDA for Air Force wing through qualifying NDA examination. One can also join IAF Pilot through CDSE, SSC or NCC entry after graduation. NDA examination is conducted twice a year in the month of April and September.

Eligibility for NDA for Air Force Wing
- You must have Indian Nationality.
- Only unmarried male can apply for NDA.
- You must have passed (10+2) in science stream with physics, chemistry and mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board.
- Age Limit : 16.5 to 19.5 years. Your born should be after 2nd July, 2001 and before 1st July, 2004 to apply for April session exam of NDA. Your born should be after 2nd January, 2002 and before 1st January, 2005 to apply for NDA September session exam.
- You must be physically fit.
15th April 2020, 02:38 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become IAF Pilot, you can join NDA after std 12th.

NDA is conducted by UPSC. The eligiblility to appear for the examination is that candidate pursing or passed from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible for the selection in services.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2020, 04:58 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

You can apply for National Defence Academy exam for joining Indian Air Force as Pilot. The necessary criteria:

*12th passed from a recognized board with PCM subjects.

*Age criteria is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

Stages of exam:

Written exam

Service Selection Board.

Only unmarried male Indian candidates can apply.
15th April 2020, 05:25 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

---You have two option :-
:- For 10th,12th candidates ,appear the entrance exam namely as NDA to enter the post of pilot in IAF.

:- For Degree holder,appear the entrance exam namely as CDS to enter the post of pilot in IAF.

--But I truly recommended you to clear tour degree(Graduation) first and after apply for the post of Pilot in IAF because if any case you are not intrested to carry on the study in this stream then at least you have a degree in your hand which support your future ahead.

--Do complete your Graduation and appear the entrance exam namely as CDS and crack with good marks and complete your training period too in IAF and after completion of training period you are eligible for the post of Pilot.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?