1st January 2018, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

How to become a Scientist in Physics related stream? List of recommended institutions?

I'm going to complete my +2 and want to become a Scientist in Physics. How will I achieve this? What are the educational qualification I have to complete and also, provide the list of some institutions for this.

10th April 2018, 12:31 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a Scientist in Physics related stream? List of recommended institutions?

Scientist Eligibility:

Minimum educational qualification for becoming scientist is 12th class or equivalent examination with related subjects.

The first and the most important step towards a career as a scientist is to choose a speciality from variety of specific field like physics, chemistry.
Get a bachelor degree in your chosen field.
Sometime a specific for percentage of marks may be demanded by the reputed institutes to provide admission.

After getting the basic qualification in the related field of interest inspiring candidates have to apply for Master's degree.

After master degree respiring scientist can apply for doctoral and post doctoral degrees.

Some of the institutes of repute where the budding scientist can look for jobs are:

Indian Space Research Organisation

Bhabha Atomic Research Centre

Indian Council of Agricultural Research

Indian Institute of tropical meteorology
10th April 2018, 10:49 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a Scientist in Physics related stream? List of recommended institutions?

First of all you should decide which area of research interests you. Based on you need to check out the options available to reach the same. Like if you would like to be in the field Genetics then you must first complete BTech, then pursue Mtech, after that you must appear for the NET exam. You will then be eligible to enter the field of research

Top 5 universities to become a scientist :-

Princeton University

Hardwired University

Stanford University

University of Cambridge

Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?