6th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

How can I appear for IAS preliminary exam?

how do i know that my candidature for IAS preliminary examination 2013 is accepted bythe commision or not.Can u please guide me to find out?

6th April 2013, 08:50 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I appear for IAS preliminary exam?

IAS - Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one has to get through Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The candidate can apply Civil Service exam through both off line and on line mode.

Through off line mode, the application can be obtained from General Post Offices through out India and through on line mode the application form can be downloaded from the official website of UPSC i.e. http://www.upsconline.com

The eligible candidate applying for Civil Service is called for an Preliminary written exam and candidate selected out of it is called for Civil Service Main written exam and the final selection is conducted through Personal Interview out of candidate selected from Main Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th April 2013, 11:06 AM
k chanchal
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how do i know that my candidature for IAS preliminary examination 2013 is accepted bythe commision or not.Can u please guide me to find out?
Hello Aspirant,

I A S means Indian Administrative service which is the topmost govt.service.The candidates who complete this exam is first posted as a sub-collector or sub-divisional officer at the first posting & soon they are promoted to the District Collector or District Magistrate who has vast power to rule & develop the district.

In order to appear for the preliminary examination of U P S C for civil services,you should go through the notification issued by the U P S C.In order to see the notification,you must visit the website www.upsc.gov.in & follow the instruction & direction to fill in the forms.You must posses the eligibility criteria to apply for the exam & fill the form properly otherwise your application is likely to be rejected.

There will be press notice on this website for all matters of the said exam.So you are required to visit this site daily in order to have day to day knowledge for the confirmation of your candidature for the exam.

Thanks & well wishing.
26th June 2013, 05:47 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

IAS - Indian Administrative Services

>> How you can appear for the IAS Examination ?

• If you want to apply for the Civil Service Examination then please hurry since the last date to apply for the 2013 exam is April 4, 2013. You should visit the following website to submit the form online - www.upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php

• The first procedure would be to apply for the Civil Service Examination which is conducted for the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service etc. Upon successful registration you will be called for the Preliminary Exam.

• Preliminary exam is the first stage in which you will write 2 tests. On the basis of your performance in the preliminary exam, you may or may not be called for the Main Examination.

♦>> Eligibility :~

1. The applicant should be citizen of India.

2. He must possess a valid graduation degree.

3. There is no criteria for percentage.

4. As on August 1, your age should be more than 21 years and less than 30 years.

5. OBC candidates are eligible to apply till 33 years.

6. If belongs to SC/ST you can apply till 35 years.

♦>> Number of Attempts :~

1. General students are given 4 attempts to clear the exam.

2. OBC students have maximum of 7 attempts.

3. There is no limit as far as SC/ST are concerned.

♦>> Selection Procedure :~

> IAS exam selection Process based on following Three stages :

• Preliminary Examination

• Main Examination

• Interview

♦>> Exam Pattern :~

>> For further information, you may surf on to the official website of UPSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?