24th October 2012, 11:52 PM
nistudent

How can I apply for IES if I am a B.E Instrumentation Engineering student

I am a B.E Instrumentation engineering student can i apply for IES?

Related Questions:
  1. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
  2. Can the candidates of Instrumentation Engineering apply for IES Exam?
  3. Can Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering candidates apply for IES Exam?
  4. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering? -- [New]
  5. Can a person pursuing B.Tech in instrumentation and control engineering branch apply for IES?
  6. How can I apply for IES if I am a B.E Instrumentation Engineering student
  7. Can I apply for IES after pursuing B.E degree in the stream of instrumentation engineering
  8. Can i apply for IES exam, I am doing electronics and instrumentation engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I apply for IES exam if I am a final year student in applied electronics and instrumentation
  10. Which branch to apply for IES after engineering (instrumentation and control)? How to get the application forms?
  11. How may I get IES Syllabus for Electronics and instrumentation engineering? I've done B.Tech(Electronics and instrumentation)
  12. Can I apply for IES after instrumentation and control engineering from Pune University?
  13. Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing BE in Instrumentation Technology?
  14. Am I eligible to appear IES examination with B.E. in Electronics and Instrumentation?
  15. Am i eligible to apply for IES exam while in final year of instrumentation engineering?
  16. Can instrumentation engineers apply for IES exam?
  17. Am i eligible for IES exam after pursuing 4th year B.Tech Instrumentation engineering? What is the syllabus for IES?
  18. Can electronics and instrumentation branch students apply for IES serve? What are the other options available for UPSC exam?
3rd July 2013, 06:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for IES if I am a B.E Instrumentation Engineering student

Quote:
Originally Posted by nistudent View Post
I am a B.E Instrumentation engineering student can i apply for IES?

You have completed B-Tech in Instrumentation Engineering so you are applicable for IES exam .IES exam required the educational qualification of engineering degree then and M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering .

But the written exam conduct only for subject , you can choose one subject the list .

The Written exam subject are-

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time.

The exam pattern for IES exam is given below-

Paper I (Objective Paper) - Total Marks 600.

General ability test and General studies - Total Duration 2 hours.
Engineering Paper I - Total Duration 2 hours.
Engineering Paper II - Total Duration 2 hours.

Paper II (Conventional Paper) - Total Marks 600.

Engineering Paper I - Total duration will be 3 hours.
Engineering Paper II - Total duration will be 3 hours.

For more information about IES Exam , you may log into visit http://upsc.gov.in
28th July 2013, 05:45 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for IES if I am a B.E Instrumentation Engineering student

You have adequate educational qualification to apply for UPSC's ESE exam. But your age must fall somewhere between 21 and 30 years. OBC candidates can apply up to the age of 33 years. Candidates belonging to SC/ST can apply up to 35 years. If you satify these much qualifications, you can attend the test in streams like civil/mechanical/electrical/electronics engineering.
28th July 2013, 10:17 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IES - Indian Engineering Service, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC every year for appointment of young Engineers in the Top Technical Post uder Various Dept. of Central Govt.

Only B.Tech. Graduates and above are eligible to apply for IES and as you are Graduate Engineer in Instrumentation Engineering, you are eligible to apply for IES but you have to write IES an any subject branch out of the following:-

_Mechanical Engineering
-Electrical Engineering
-Civil Engineering
-Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering

Apart from this the eligible candidate must be an Indian national having either appear for the final B.Tech. Degree ezxam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate, can apply for IES.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?