31st March 2012, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply for Pilot after passing electronics branch? What are the qualifications needed?

present iam studing engineering final year with electronics branch.how can i apply 4 ind af pilot nd what qulifications are require 4 pilot like hight, chest,study...

7th April 2012, 11:20 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for Pilot after passing electronics branch? What are the qualifications needed?

You can apply for the post of Indian Air Force Pilot through Combined Defense Service Examination (CDSE), NCC special Entry and Short Service Commission. But you should not have any back logs till the academic year in which you are applying for the exam. CDSE and NCC Special Entry Scheme are only for men candidates while Short Service Commission scheme is for both men and women. Physical standards specified to apply for this post is 5 cm expansion for chest. Minimum height and weight specified for men is 152 cms and 47 kg while for women is 148 cms and 43 kg.
8th April 2012, 12:11 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: How can I apply for Pilot after passing electronics branch? What are the qualifications needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
present iam studing engineering final year with electronics branch.how can i apply 4 ind af pilot nd what qulifications are require 4 pilot like hight, chest,study...
Hey friend,

To join in as a Pilot is a good opinion of yours after doing B.E in Electronics and making a interest towards it to serve the country

The qualification and the exam which you need to write in order to be joining in as a pilot is by writing the entrance exams like:

CDS - Combined Defence Service

AFCAT - Air Force Common Admission Test

Details About CDS:

CDS is one of the Defense service exam of India and this exam is being carried out by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).This exam is conducted for candidates to join in :

• Indian Military Academy
  • Indian Navy
  • Indian Air Force
  • Officer Training Academy

For joining in Indian Air Force as a pilot the qualification which you need to possess in order to apply for the CDS Exam are:

>> Candidate must have a citizenship in India.

>> The candidate must be only unmarried male candidates as they are only eligible for the CDS Exam.

>> The age limit for the CDS Exam mentions that the candidate applying for the CDS Exam for joining in Air Force is 19-23 years

>> Regarding the education qualification for the CDS Exam candidate must have completed a degree with physics and mathematics is needed for joining in Air Force.

>> The main thing which shouldn't be forget is that the candidate need to be physically fit while appearing for the CDS Exam.

Details About AFCAT:

AFCAT exam is split into 3 branches namely:
  • Ground Duty Branch
  • Technical Branch
  • Flying Branch

As regarding your qualification you can only apply for Ground Duty and Flying Branch

Ground Duty Branch:

Candidate should have a age limit of 20-27 years and should have done a degree from a recognized university with 60% aggregate

Flying Branch:

Candidate should have a age limit of 19-23 years and should have done a B.E/B.Tech degree from a recognized university with 60% aggregate

If you satisfy all these criteria's then you can apply for the CDS and AFCAT exam

ALL THE BEST
8th April 2012, 12:19 PM
bablucena9

Default Re: How can I apply for Pilot after passing electronics branch? What are the qualifications needed?

hi,
To join as a pilot,
Here is two exam for you.
CDS - Combined Defence Service
AFCAT - Air Force Common Admission Test.

to apply these exam,
you should be b.tech from a reconized university with physics and math.
Age limit is 20 to 27.
For more information,
Visit www.upsc.gov.in
All the best
8th April 2012, 01:15 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..........
As you are interested to became a pilot then you can apply for CDS exam or AFCAT exam .....
i am providing you a carrier chart from where you can get details information about your carrier...

The eligibility criteria of AFCAT exam are as follows......

Good luck...........
5th June 2012, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

i am doing ma last year of engineering....electronics stream...i wanted yo know if i can stil b a pilot?if yes whats the procedure...?what exactly wil i hav to do?
25th March 2015, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

how can girls join Indian air force after BE(electronic and communication) hvng 60%aggregate ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?