24th August 2019, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an Investment Banker?

Hi, I will be appearing for my 12th Board exams next year from Science stream with subject combination of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. I want to become an Investment Banker. So, what should I study in my Graduation? And, what does exactly Investment Banker do?

29th July 2020, 08:31 PM
monalsigupta

Default Re: How can I become an Investment Banker?

You have to pursue graduate in Commerce after Class 12th i.e. B.Com with major in finance, economics and all the business relevant subjects. After graduation, go for MBA or an advanced degree , or a clarification in finance.

Investment Bankers are individuals who held companies, organizations and clients manage & grow their financial assets. They held companies make sound decision when it comes make sound decision.
1st August 2020, 01:06 AM
deepikapandey9999

Default Re: How can I become an Investment Banker?

You have to remember that CFA is a key not a license. It provides you the key to enter an investment bank but without the right passion, you would struggle and fail.

Peers would be ahead of you all the time even the ones without CFA, if and only if they do it with real passion. In fund management, stockbroking or even my field of research, if you can't find the drive to do it you have force yourself into doing things.

The reason why I state this is because many people went to investment banks to look for the high pay and many force themselves into it because of the high pay. Finally they breakdown and do not excel and get kicked out in the future.

I hope you get yourself right and put your mind into it. When you go for your interview, just be yourself and most importantly we expect people to talk like they have a few year of experience already in this business. Exposure during your college days are really important and it shows how far you brought yourself into understanding the world of finance.

Final edit.. I forgot the part stated by Crowly Mathew Arackal. Yes indeed that investment bank always hire a variety of people from different culture to profession to course of study. Remember that this is investment and there isn't a single person that is a pro in all the sectors there are around the world.

When you get your interview, show what you have to offer that is different. Eg. I was given a math + IQ test once. The question were really too easy and I saw other candidates happily answers everything. I took a risk and circled all wrong answers and at the end of the paper I wrote "I believe many would have scored 100% but just to get your attention, I've scored 100% too but just the other way around"
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?