11th June 2012, 12:46 AM
Iqbalrajput

How can I become an IPS officer?

How can I become an ips officer...please give me tips to do the same

11th June 2012, 08:14 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IPS officer?

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. Many of the candidates have a desire to see themselves as an IPS Officer.

But it is not so easy to be placed in IPS. One should have strong determination and dedication and should be able to put his best efforts towards the completion of syllabus and to crack the exam.

In order to be placed in IPS, one should have to crack civil services examination being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

This exam is not only meant for IPS. But the candidates can join various civil services like
-IFS
-IRS
-IAS etc. by cracking this exam.

To be placed in any civil service, here is the selection procedure
-Civil Services Aptitude Test
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

Having desire to join IPS, know the required eligibility criteria and fulfill it.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Candidates who have appeared for final year exams of Graduation and waiting for the result can also apply for this exam.

Age criteria :
-A candidate of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Choose the optional subjects well in advance to the exam and have good preparation.

For updated information on this exam, I suggest you to visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
11th June 2012, 09:09 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear............
AS you are interested to became IPS officer , for this you have to apply for entrance exam , the eligibility criteria are as follows.......

The pay scale for IPS officer ........

The exam pattern are as follows..........

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
as it conducts the exam .
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.........
11th June 2012, 11:03 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqbalrajput View Post
How can I become an ips officer...please give me tips to do the same

If you wish to become IPS officer then you will have to give a Civil Services Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

The applications can be made online only now. The offline application procedure has been stopped now. For online application click here

Then an admission certificate will be available to download from the official website of UPSC - www.upsc.gov.in
The applications are not invited yet These will be invited next year now.
The registration usually end in March. All the details for filling the form will also be available online. Be careful while choosing the examination center because you will not be allowed to give the examination on any other center.

The selection is divided into 3 parts
-The preliminary exam
-The Main exam
-interview

There will be 2 objective type papers in the preliminary exam. As per the new examination pattern set by UPSC one paper will be of General studies and Other of General Aptitude

Main exam will consist of 9 papers. The first two papers will be qualiying paper
Paper one will be of an Indian language out of the 22 languages as selected by you and paper 2 will be of English. each paper will be of 300 marks each

paper 3 will be of Essay You can choose the medium of the paper. It wil be of 200 marks

paper 4 and 5 will be of general studies of 300 marks each

Then you will have to select 2 subjects as per your choice out of the list and there will be 2 papers for each subject i.e. paper 6,7,8 and 9 of 300 marks each

then after qualifying the main exam you will be called for an Interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?