15th June 2020, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

How can I become a Journalist after 10th?

Hi, I am Yamuna. Till childhood my ambition was to become a Journalist. Now I finished my 10th standard and I am confused what should I do next and which subject to take in plus one and plus two. At any course I want to become a Journalist. Please, guide.

20th June 2020, 06:32 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a Journalist after 10th?

You can pursue any stream in std 12th to pursue course related to journalism ahead.

The required minimum educational qualification to pursue mass communication course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Entrance examination is conducted by various institutions for admission in the course.

So, you can pursue as per your interest and than pursue bachelor degree in Mass communication ahead.
20th June 2020, 08:34 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a Journalist after 10th?

For pursuing Journalism course after 12th, you can opt for any stream in 11th and 12th standard like Arts, Science or Commerce. However, you must pass 12th standard with at least 50% marks.

After passing 12th standard, you will have to appear for an entrance test that would be conducted for admission to journalism courses in colleges. This entrance test will be comprising of objective questions related to topics like English Language, Case Studies, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Popular Media, etc., While subjective questions will be pertaining from Politics, Media issues, Social issues, English, etc.

Finally, there will be Personal Interview if you qualify above entrance written tests and then you will be granted admission for that journalism course.

I have listed below some of the popular Journalism colleges.

Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media (IIJNM)
Bangalore / Bengaluru , Karnataka

Jagan Nath University, Jaipur
Jaipur , Rajasthan

Asian Academy of Film & Television
Noida , Delhi NCR

NRAI School of Mass Communication, Management & Technology - New Delhi
New Delhi , Delhi NCR

Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication
New Delhi , Delhi NCR

Shanti Business School
Ahmedabad , Gujarat

Apar India Institute Of Management And Technology, Delhi
New Delhi , Delhi NCR

Pearl Academy, Mumbai
Mumbai , Maharashtra

Pearl Academy, Delhi
New Delhi , Delhi NCR

Institute of Technology And Management (ITM), Dehradun
Dehradun , Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?