12th September 2013, 08:44 PM
rajput pankaj

How can I become an officer in Indian Army?

A cadet selected in OTA and become officer in INDIAN army can get chances to take part in battle fields ?

1st August 2015, 12:56 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an officer in Indian Army?

To become an Indian Army officer you need to crack either NDA examination or CDS examination which are held by Union Public Service Commission twice every year in two stages which are called as written examination and Service Selection Board interview held in given order.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and the eligibility required for appearing in this examination for joining Indian Army are as here under :-

You must be an unmarried male Indian citizen.

Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years.

You must have a higher secondary degree with any stream from a recognized board of education.

Also, CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and the eligibility required for appearing in these examination for joining IMA are as here under :-

You must have the citizenship of India with age lying within 19 years to 24 years.

You must have completed your bachelor degree course with any discipline from a recognized university.

For both examination students pursuing the final year of their respective degree course are also eligible. Also one must hold the physical and mental fitness as per the service norms.

For more details regarding any of these examination you must log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?