8th January 2013, 06:27 PM
sonali khemka

How can I become a Psychologist or Psychiatrist? I am doing 12th with Maths

i'm doing my 12th through wd maths...so i wanna know that can i become a psychologist or a psychiatrist??? what r my options??? which course should i pursue??

29th April 2013, 01:46 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I become a Psychologist or Psychiatrist? I am doing 12th with Maths

There are so many fields in Psychology :-

1] Clinical psychologist

2] Counselling psychologist

3] Developmental psychologist

4] Educational psychologist

5] Forensic psychologist

6] Health psychologist

7] Industrial/organizational psychologist

8] Neuropsychologist research and experimental psychologist

9] School psychologist

10] Social psychologist

11] Sports psychologist

I hope this information will help you a lot.

All the best............
30th July 2020, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I become a Psychologist or Psychiatrist? I am doing 12th with Maths

I want to become PSYCHIATRIST but i m from 12PCM
31st July 2020, 05:13 PM
doctor sahiba
Member+

To get admission in Psychiatry course, students have to pass their HSC level examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. You have to give national level examination NEET .After passing this entrance exam, students can pursue MBBS programme of 5 ½ years.
After doing 5 ½ years MBBS course, the candidate has an option to do Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Diploma in psychiatric medicine (DPM). You can also pursue a Diploma of National Board Exam (DNB) that is equivalent to MD degree.
The Master course in Psychiatry takes 3 years to complete while the diploma course takes two years.

Hence, a student with PCM in 12th is not eligible for this.
1st August 2020, 01:20 AM
deepikapandey9999

Psychiatrists are M.D.’s who are licensed to prescribe psychiatric medication. They do not have the extensive social science training that psychologists have, but instead are educated in the field of medicine and treating the physical needs of the body.

Psychologists are Ph.D.’s, or Doctors of Philosophy, and are trained in the philosophy and science of the human mind and human behavior. They are licensed to provide psychotherapy to people, but cannot prescribe medication. They study the writings of scholars like Freud, Jung, and Adler.

Some psychologists choose to get a master’s in psychology medicine (forget what it’s called- Google it) or to become nurse-practitioners in addition to Ph.D.’s so that they can prescribe medication as well as provide therapy. This might be a more viable option for you than getting the M.D. and the Ph.D. Some schools offer programs where you can get a joint M.D./Ph.D., which might also be helpful.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?