28th June 2018, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

How can I become a Software Engineer being a 11th Science student?

Hi Sir, I have scored 68% in my 10th BSEB Board. I want to become a Software Engineer. So, I am going to take Science in my 11th standard. I would like to know that what I have to do to become a Software Engineer? Please help me to know about this. Thank you!

2nd July 2018, 08:51 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a Software Engineer being a 11th Science student?

Science comprises of two options i.e. PCM (with Mathematics) and PCB (with Biology).

So, to become Software Engineer in future, you will have to opt PCM stream i.e. containing Mathematics as one of the primary subject.

After completing 11th and 12th from PCM stream (i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics), you will be eligible to appear for engineering entrance exams like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, UPSEE, COMEDK, MHT CET etc.

You can appear for these exams even if you are in 12th standard of PCM stream.

After qualifying anyone of the above entrance exams, you will have to opt for Computer Science and Engineering/Information Technology/Software Engineering during Counseling.

After completing engineering course (B.Tech/B.E.) of 4 years duration, you will get placement for the profile of Software Engineer by IT companies.
3rd July 2018, 11:18 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about becoming a software engineer being a Class 11th student the for the same you need to complete your Class 11th and Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 45% marks from a recognized board.

After completion of your higher secondary school degree you need to pursue B.E./B.Tech degree course in computer science or information technology trade from a recognized engineering college.

Further, for pursuing B.Tech/B.E. degree course from top engineering colleges to have better job prospects you need to qualify entrance examinations such as JEE, State EEE/CETs, SRM EEE, VIT EEE, BITSAT, etc. .
4th July 2018, 06:15 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

It is good that you have decided upon your goal now itself and so you can choose the best way to achieve it.

To become a Software Engineer, I would suggest you to opt for MPC stream in 10+2 instead of Science stream.

After completion of 10+2, you can opt for Engineering at Graduation level with any of the below specializations
B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering
B.Tech in Information Technology

Try to get admission for this course in top colleges like IIT's so that there is a great scope for you to get job opportunities in top software companies through campus placements itself.

Hence, please start preparation for AIEEE Exam from the very beginning of your 10+2.

There is good demand for Software Engineers and you can get good salaries and onsite job opportunities in software industry.

Try to get strong knowledge in Programming languages which would be very helpful to get the job and to perform well in the job that you are going to join.
4th July 2018, 06:38 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To become a Software Engineer after completion of your 10th standard, you have to pursue 11th and 12th standard with Non-Medical Science stream from a Government recognised board. After completion of your 12th standard Non-Medical Science stream, you have to pursue B.E/ B.Tech course in CSE/ IT/ ECE stream from a Government recognised university. After completion of your B.E/ B.Tech course with good subject knowledge and Communication skills, you can get good job as a Software Engineer in top companies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?