21st September 2012, 02:29 PM
CHAUHAN PRACHI

How can I crack NIFT exam for fashion designing? What is the syllabus?

hey i m prachi,
please tell me how to crack nift exam for fasion designing along with syllabus.
i'll be very thankfull to you.

Related Questions:
28th June 2013, 01:53 PM
keshavsudial

Thumbs up Re: How can I crack NIFT exam for fashion designing? What is the syllabus?

NIFT Exam Structure and Syllabus

Structure of the exam:

The National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Examination includes both written test and a Personality test followed by group discussion and personal interview. Written test comprises General Ability Test, Creative Ability Test and Managerial Ability Test.

Syllabus of NIFT Entrance Exam:

General Ability Test (GAT)

Quantitative Ability includes various areas such as:

Addition
Multiplication
Division
Fractions
Work and Task
Ratio and Proportion
Distance, Profit & Loss
Percentage
Rate of Interest
Algebra and Geometry

For Bachelor program in Technology, the quantitative ability questions will be from the matriculation level.

Differential Calculus
Fundamentals of Computer Application.
Integral Calculus
Differential Equations
Probability and Statistics

For Master program in Technology the quantitative ability questions will be from the graduation level.

Differential Calculus
Integral Calculus
Probability and Statistics
Linear Programming
Fundamentals of Computer Applications
Differential Equations
Production Engineering

Communication Ability

This is meant for checking the communication skills of the candidates. Questions will be asked from the following areas:

Synonyms
Antonyms
Plural
Words with corresponding meanings
Singular
One word substitutes
Idioms and phrases

English Comprehension

This is meant to check the English proficiency and comprehension skill of the candidates.

Analytical Ability

In this section, the candidates' problem solving and analytical skills are evaluated.

General Knowledge and Current Affairs

This test is done for evaluating the candidate's general awareness.

Managerial Ability Test (MAT)

Case Study

It is based on a situation of an industry environment. It also exposes the candidate's managerial ability.

Business Domain Test

It is to judge the knowledge of a candidate on different facets of fashion designing.

Logical Ability

It is meant to identify the candidate's ability to find the logic or reason involved in a particular problem. Concepts and creative thinking ability will help in this sector.

The Qualified candidates in the written test have to undergo:

Situation Test

Situation test is designed only for Design Program. This is for identifying the candidate's ability in material handling. It also exposes one's innovative ability on a given situation with a given set of materials.

Creative Ability Test (CAT)

This test is done to check the creative skill, power of observation, innovation and design ability of the candidate. An important part of this test is the candidate's conceptual ability is fully evaluated.

Psychometric Test

This test is designed for master's programs in technology & management programs.

This is an assessment test that measures the general competencies. The competencies are categorized into two groups: Task Oriented and People Oriented. This test will assess both the task and people oriented competencies.

Personal Interview: In this selection process, the candidate is tested on the various parameters as follows:

Communication skills
Aptness for the field
Overall personality traits
General Awareness and Aptitude.
Career orientation
Group Discussion

The duration of group discussion will be around 20-25 minutes. For group discussion, a familiar topic is given for a team of candidates. This section will be observed by an expert team. From the candidate's views and opinions, experts will identify their interpersonal skills and leadership qualities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?