3rd July 2011, 09:45 PM
reddy 4421

How can I do my M.Tech Civil after completing B.Tech ECE?

i have completed my b tech ece now can i do my m tech civil..Is it possible to do?

4th July 2011, 08:54 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: How can I do my M.Tech Civil after completing B.Tech ECE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy 4421 View Post
i have completed my b tech ece now can i do my m tech civil..Is it possible to do?
you can do m.tech in civil Engineering if and only if you had your B.tech either in civil engineering or allied branches of Civil or equivalent...

Most of the colleges accept B.tech with civil for M.tech in civil or related branches in civil but i think if you score a good rank and marks then with this you can request them and convince them about your request....

Best Institutes to Pursue M.tech in civil:

Indian Institute of Technology

National Institute of Technology

Manipal University

VIT, Vellore

Anna University
4th July 2011, 03:56 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I do my M.Tech Civil after completing B.Tech ECE?

Yes,definitely you can do your M.Tech in civil related something to your subject like design.

You can write GATE exam for this to get into IITS and NITs.

But i think it would be better for you if you take one of your core subjects and do in it.

Regards,
yash
5th July 2011, 11:47 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I do my M.Tech Civil after completing B.Tech ECE?

If you have completed your B.Tech degree in ECE, then it is advisable that you go for M.Tech in ECE only. More over the eligibility criteria for M.tech Civil is such that the candidate should have passed B.Tech in civil or anyone of its allied courses. There are lots of colleges and universities which offer M.tech. You can apply for anyone of these colleges. First, you will have to write GATE exam, which is a common level entrance exams for M.tech aspirants, in which most of the colleges participate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?