14th November 2015, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

How can I get a job in Indian Air Force after graduation?

I want a job in Indian Air Force after graduation. So I don't know how to apply and what are the requirements.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air Force 2015
  2. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How can I apply for Indian Air Force after completing BSc graduation?
  4. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
  5. Jobs in Indian Air Force or Navy after 12th standard or Graduation from Commerce stream?
  6. What is the scope in Indian Air Force after BCA ?
  7. Procedure to join as Engineer in Indian Air Force? Job Opportunities in Indian Air Force?
  8. How to make career in Indian Air Force after studying 12th from NIOS?
  9. Can I become a Pilot in Indian Air Force after completing graduation in B.Com
  10. What should I do to join Air force after completion of my B.Com? What are the posts available in Air force for commerce students? What are the entrance exam I should write for that post?
  11. Required Eligibility criteria to join Graduation in IGNOU being a candidate working in Air Force?
  12. Date of result of CDS 2 exam?
  13. How to prepare for Hindi Paper in Rewar Sidhi Gramin Bank?
  14. How can I join as a Pilot in Indian Air Force after completing graduation with B.Com
  15. Are 12th appearing girls valid for entrance test of Airforce?
  16. Best Air Force college in India? Is Air Force not suitable for girls?
  17. Eligibility to apply in Indian Air Force for a B.Sc student who have -1.5D eyesight?
  18. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
14th November 2015, 05:58 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get a job in Indian Air Force after graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want a job in Indian Air Force after graduation. So I don't know how to apply and what are the requirements.
After graduation, you can join Indian Air Force through CDS Exam and AFCAT Exam.

CDS Exam is commenced by UPSC every year twice.

CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria
Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this examination.
You must have attained at least 19 years of age and not more than 23 years.
You must have Bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognized Institution.

Recently, CDS-II Exam commenced on 1 November, 2015.

AFCAT Exam Eligibility Criteria

You can join Flying Branch, Technical Branch or Ground Duty Branch through AFCAT Exam.

GROUND DUTY BRANCH:
For Graduates: Age Limit is 20-23 years.
For Post Graduates/LLB (Five years integrated course): Age Limit is 20-25 years.
For LLB (Three years course after Graduation): Age Limit is 20 to 26 years.
For M.Ed/Ph.D/CA/ICWA: Age Limit is 20 to 27 years.

FLYING BRANCH:
Graduation in B.E./B.Tech
Physics and Mathematics in 10+2 with minimum 60% marks in each subject.

TECHNICAL BRANCH:
Graduation in B.E./B.Tech through Aeronautical Engineering Branch

AFCAT 2016 Notifications are not released yet.
14th November 2015, 06:46 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

After the graduation if a candidate want to join the Air Force then he need to qualify the written exam of C.D.S. that is conducted by the U.P.S.C. every year and after qualifying the written exam candidate can get the job in Air Force-

Eligibility criteria for C.D.S. is-

>> Candidate to be an Indian citizen and graduate from any recognized university.

>> A subject of Nepal or Bhutan can also apply if he is migrated to India since 1962 for the permanent residence.

>> Candidate age should be 21-23 years old.

>> A candidate passed the graduation with physics can apply for the Air Force, Navy and also Indian army and other candidates can apply only for Indian Army only.

Selection process is-

Written exam
Preliminary exam

Mains Exam

Personal Interview
14th November 2015, 07:45 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

If you wish to join Indian Air Force after Graduation, you should apply for either CDS or AFCAT exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC twice a year for recruitment in Indian Defense Services.

The eligibility criteria required for CDS exam are as under :-

-The candidate must have Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or B.Sc with Physics or Mathematics as main subjects from any recognized university.

-The candidate age limit should be in between 19 years to 23 years .

-The selection process involves of

* Written Exam

* Interview by Services Selection Board.

The eligibility criteria required for AFCAT exam are as under :-

Flying branch :

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 24 years .

-The candidate should have passed Graduation in any discipline with at least 60% marks from a recognized university .

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics .

-The candidate should have passed Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT).

Technical Branch:

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 26 years .

-The candidate should have passed Bachelor of Engineering with at least 60% marks from a recognized university .

Ground duty branch :

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 26 years .

-The candidate should have passed Post Graduation degree in any stream with at least 50% marks from a recognized university . .

Selection procedure :

Screening Test

Psychological Test ,

Group discussion & Interview .
14th November 2015, 09:40 PM
ant man

Yes you can become a pilot after completing graduation, but you must have done B.Sc or B.Tech to get pilot post.

Eligibility for CDSE :
1. You must have complete graduation in B.Sc maths, physics or B.Tech/B.E. from a recognised university.
2. Your age must be in 19 - 23 years.
3. You must be unmarried.

The entrance exam is conducted twice in a year and in the month of October and April.

The application forms are available in the month of February and August months. The exam fee is INR 200/-

To get the application forms click >>www.upsc.gov.in
14th November 2015, 09:53 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

To apply for Indian Air Force you need to give entrance exam of CDS/AFCAT .It is conducts by UPSC twice in a year.
For CDS examination eligibility criteria:-

Qualification Required:-You must have completed graduation degree in any stream from recognized university with minimum 55% marks .

Age Requirements:-Age must be in between 19 to 25 years.

For AFCAT eligibility criteria:-

Qualification Required:- AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test.You must have to completed graduation degree in any stream from recognized university.

Age limitations:-Age must be in between 19 to 24 years in the case of flying branch & 18 to 28 for technical branch .

Selection Procedure:-It is based on written test,Medical Test & Interview.
15th November 2015, 12:07 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes,you are eligible to get the jobs in the Indian Air Force after the graduation course.

To get the jobs the candidates have to qualify in the CDS entrance examination conducted by the UPSC twice every year and the eligibility criteria to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates must have the Physics and Mathematics as main paper in the graduation.
* Candidates age must be between the 19-23 years.

The examination is conducted in the two stages and the candidates have to qualify in both the stages for the final selection for the job. For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2015, 12:20 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join the defense services as an officer after the graduation course. To join the service the candidates have to qualify in the CDS entrance examination conducted twice every year.

The required eligibility to appear for the examination for the Indian Air Force is candidates must have passed the graduation with the Physics and Mathematics as main paper and age between the 19-23 years. Only unmarried candidates are eligible.

So, you need to start the preparation for the selection in the different stages of examination. For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2015, 02:13 AM
Mohit.Bansal

Thumbs up Re: How can I get a job in Indian Air Force after graduation?

Quote:
Re: How can I get a job in Indian Air Force after graduation?
You can join Indian Air Force after graduation through two ways

1. UPSC CDS exam
2. AFCAT exam.

>>UPSC CDS EXAM-

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services Exam. The exam is conducted by

UPSC(Union Public Services Commission). The exam is held twice in a year named as

CDS-I and CDS-II for the posts in INA, IAFA, IMA and OTA.

where

INA is Indian NAval Academy

IAFA is Indian Air Force Academy

IMA is Indian Military Academy

OTA is Officers Training Academy

Eligible Criteria:-

Educational qualification:

For INA and IAFA you need B.Sc with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Engineering degree to apply for the exam. For OTA and IMA you need graduation degree in any discipline. You can also apply for the exam while studying in final year of graduation.

Age Limit:-

INA: 19 years to 22 years

IAFA: 19 years to 23 years

IMA: 19 years to 24 years

OTA: 19 years to 25 years

>> AFCAT EXAM-

Acronym AFCAT is Air Force Common Admission Test.

AFCAT exam is conducted for three branches of air force:-

>>Flying

>>Technical

>>Ground duty

Eligible Criteria:-

Educational qualification:

>>Flying branch:- Completion of graduation in any stream with Aggregate 60% marks from recognized college or university.

>>Technical branch:- Completion of graduation in aeronautical engineer from any recognized university.

>> Ground duty branch:- Completion of graduation with 60% marks or post-graduation in any discipline with 50% marks from any recognized university.

>>Age limit:-

Flying branch:-19 years to 23 years.

Technical branch:-18 years to 28 years.

Ground duty branch:-20 years to 27 years.
16th November 2015, 12:57 AM
H Rimmy

You have to appear entrance exam CDS after completing graduation degree.

Eligibility Criteria:- You should have completed graduation degree in PCM subjects with minimum 50% marks.

Age limit Age must be in between 19 to 25 years.

Exam Pattern:- Preliminary exam,Mains exam

Selection Procedure: Written exam,medical test & Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?