20th April 2018, 08:49 AM
Shobhadinesh

How can I join Defence Services after completing 12th PCB?

Hello everyone, I am studying in 12th standard with PCB stream. I want to join Defence Services after my 12th. Can I know that how I can join Defence Services? Please help me to know abut this. Thank you!

28th April 2018, 08:26 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I join Defence Services after completing 12th PCB?

Having completed your Class 12th in PCB group you are eligible for joining Indian Army as a commissioned officer through NDA i.e; National Defense Academy and other posts such as tradesman and clerk in Indian Army, airman in Indian Air force and non artificer cadre of Indian Navy as per your educational qualification.

Apart, from above mentioned options you can become a doctor in Indian defense services by pursuing MBBS degree course from AFMC for which you need to qualify NEET after your Class 12th.

For details about above mentioned entries and other entries in Indian defense sector you can refer to the links www.joinindianarmy.nic.in, www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and www.careerairforce.nic.in.
28th April 2018, 08:37 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To join Defense Services after completion of your 12th standard PCB stream, you have to appear in UPSC NDA examination. To be eligible to appear in NDA examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board. You should be an unmarried male candidate in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years. You should be physically as well as mentally healthy. Since, you have passed 12th standard with PCB stream, you are eligible to join only in Indian Army through NDA examination.
28th April 2018, 09:55 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The entrance examination conduct at senior secondary level for entry into Defence Services is National Defence Academy. NDA is conducted twice every year by UPSC for different wings like Navy, Army and Air Force. For Navy and Air Force, mathematics and physics are necessary.

PCB candidates can apply for NDA exam for Indian Army only. The age criteria is 16.5 to 19.5 years. Only unmarried male candidates can apply for NDA exam. Notification for NDA II in 2018 is yet to be released by Commission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?