1st September 2011, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian Civil Services?

I Want to going indian civel service. but i do'nt know how can i do this, so plz tell me that which way i go in this service. plz help me.

1st September 2011, 09:49 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Civil Services?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I Want to going indian civel service. but i do'nt know how can i do this, so plz tell me that which way i go in this service. plz help me.
If you are Interested to Join Indian Civil services, Then you need to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination and After crack this examination you are eligible to join Indian Civil services.

>> The examination was conducted by UPSC for the following post -

Indian Administrative Service
Indian Foreign Service
Indian Police Service
Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service
Indian Audit and Accounts Service.

And Many Other Posts.

>> To apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduation in any discipline form a recognised University and Your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

>> Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for this examination.

So, If you have completed your graduation then you are eligible to apply for this examination, The examination was conducted into 2 stages - Preliminary examination and Main examination.

>> Firstly You need to cracked the Preliminary examination and this examination was Objective and there are 2 Papers in this examination. After clear this examination you are eligible to sit in Main examination.

So, If you are Interested to Join Indian Civil services then please apply for this examination next year, the dates are availiable in the UPSC website, so please check the UPSC website for complete Information -

http://upsc.gov.in
1st September 2011, 10:05 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

If you are really interest in Indian Civil Service,then you can apply for Indian Civil Service. Here is the complete information civil service exam.

Civil Service exam is conducted by upsc every year once.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Service exam:

Education qualification:
Candidate should have minimum graduation degree with any discipline from a recognized university.
Age limit:
Age should be between 21 to 30 years

Civil service exam has three phase of examination process,first is Preliminary exam (current affairs,Vocabulary,aptitude will be the syllabus),if you qualifies this exam,then only you can enter to Second phase of exam i.e Main exam (Geography,History etc syllabus,all the question should answer in eassy type),if you crack this exam,then only you can enter to third phase exam i.e is Interview (Communication skill testing).After overcoming all this exam,you will be appointed as Asst IAS officer.
Civil service(Preliminary exam) Notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 4th Feb 2012 to 5th March 2012.
Exam will held on 20th May 2012.
Civil service (Main Exam) notification for this year:
Exam will held on 15th Oct 2012.
Yet notification details,were not update,i hope they will be updating
notification after preliminary exams.

You can apply the application form by online,by click here (Between the Notification dates mentioned above)
1st September 2011, 11:25 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
you have to fill up the form for the respective civil services and give the exam:

Candidates holding a degree from a recognised university or equivalent may apply for the CSE within the prescribed age limits for the category to they belong to.

General category candidates get to appear four times within the prescribed age limit of 21 and 30 years, but SC, ST and OBC candidates are allowed more attempts.

for more details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st September 2011, 11:39 PM
Mannu2525

Quote:
Dear,
you can join indian civil sevices through giving examination followed by interview.
>> UPSC is a organization behind the conduction of civil services examination. UPSC also put some criteria for giving civil services examination. I am going to write eligibility for Civil services. check out

-> Graduation degree from any recognized university in any stream.

-> No percentage bar. Only passing marks of university is required.

-> Age limit -21 to 30 years. 5 year age relaxation is given to SC,ST and PH category and 3 year age relaxation is given to OBC candidates.

Examination Process:
-> Written:
Paper I - Any indian language
Paper II - General English
Paper III - Essay writing
Paper IV - Any two optional subject papers.

-> Group discussion

-> Interview

GOOD LUCK

With regards
~Manvendra~
1st September 2011, 11:55 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How can I join Indian Civil Services?

Quote:
u need to appear in the Indian Civil Service Exams..the minimum eligibility criteria for giving this exam is that you should be a graduate from a recognized college in INDIA and you should be within the age limit of 21-30 years if you are a general category student..if you are SC/ST then you should be less than 35 years and if OBC then 33 years..
you have a maximum of 4 attempts..

hope this helps..
2nd September 2011, 03:41 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

to attempt the examinations of the civil services , candidate must be graduated student from the recognized indian university with the age between 21 to 30 years.( 21 to 33 for sc/st category student)

civil services provides an exam for 17 main services.

to know more information about the civil services kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
2nd September 2011, 06:46 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...i think you would have know the various procedures to apply for the ias examination and also the various eligibility conditions,now i would like to tell you the kind f preperation which is required and the various startegy that you have to follow to do well in the examination of such high level of competetion because ias examination is the probabaly the toughest in the country with almost the greatest level of competetion in the entire world ,so the various important points from the preperation pont of view are as follows ,they may really help you :
1.follow the hindu news paper regularly and concentrate on the news which deals with the policy making of the government and not the regular politics that wont be of any use
2.also make the use of any one book instead of reading many books once read one book many times that will really help you
3.also follow the pratiyogitha darpan magazines regularly they are really helpfull and provide very good information
4.as for as the your subjects choice are concerened always choose subjects in which you feel comfortable rather than going for subjects in which you are new and are not comfortable with
5.better to take coachings in institute like tghe vajiram and ravi located in new delhi which are considered to be one of the best in the country for ias preperation
2nd September 2011, 12:29 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
If you are interested to join Civil Service exams then apply for the Union Public Service commission Civil Service Examination.

The examination is conducted By UPSC every year.See the eligibility criteria for this examination.

>>>>>Graduation degree from any recognized university or equivalent qualification.

>>>>>There is no particular like Arts,Science,Commerce...etc.

>>>>>There is no minimum marks required for this examination.

>>>>>Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years as on 1st august of the year of examination.

Upper age limits is given to the various reserved categories.........

Civil Service Examination consist of,
  • Preliminary Examination
  • Main Examination
  • Interview.
More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
10th September 2011, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

i am a degree biotechnology first year student . i can join the civil service exam .what can i do?
1st December 2011, 02:35 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hello
If you are Interested to Join Indian Civil services, Then you need to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination and After crack this examination you are eligible to join Indian Civil services.

The examination was conducted by UPSC for the following post -

Indian Foreign Service
Indian Police Service
Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service
Indian Audit and Accounts Service.

And Many Other Posts.

To apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduation in any discipline form a recognised University and Your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for this examination.

So, If you have completed your graduation then you are eligible to apply for this examination, The examination was conducted into 2 stages - Preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly You need to cracked the Preliminary examination and this examination was Objective and there are 2 Papers in this examination. After clear this examination you are eligible to sit in Main examination.

So, If you are Interested to Join Indian Civil services then please apply for this examination next year, the dates are availiable in the UPSC website, so please check the UPSC website for complete Information -

http://upsc.gov.in
1st December 2011, 08:15 PM
nida shakeel

dear friend ,

to attempt the examinations of the civil services , candidate must be graduated student from the recognized indian university with the age between 21 to 30 years.( 21 to 33 for sc/st category student)

civil services provides an exam for 17 main services.

to know more information about the civil services kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
2nd December 2011, 12:26 AM
devesh2812

For joining the Indian civil services first you have to pass the UPSC exam..

Eligibility

1. Academic Eligibility for IAS Exams
A degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956

2. Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees.

3.(1) Nationality
i. Only Indian nationals are eligible for IAS and IPS.
ii. For other services a candidate can be either of the following:

a. a citizen of India,
b. a subject of Nepal,
c. a subject of Bhutan,
d. a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India

4. Age Limit
i. A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
ii. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

a. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
b. upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.
c. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate had been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989.
d. upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled during hostilities with foreign countries or in a disturbed area and consequently released.
e. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs / SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on August 1 of the year of examination and have been released.
3rd September 2012, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

I can join the indian civil service but i have no idea how to preparation this exam. I am pursuing the BA(Hons) History So, you can give
me suggest a best author book name also.
Thanking you.
12th May 2014, 04:03 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Here is the complete information regarding the procedure to join civil services.

One should have to go through the following rounds

CSAT Exam
Main Exam
Interview

CSAT Exam is the common written exam for the candidates to be placed in various civil services like
Indian Police Service
Indian Revenue Service etc.

To apply for the above selection procedure, you should meet the following eligibility criteria.

Completion of Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

By possessing an age of 21-30 years.

You did not mention your highest level of academic qualification.

If you possess the above mentioned criteria, you can apply for civil services exam which is going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

Wish you all the best.
9th September 2014, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

what r the best subjects for i IAS? If a person has commerce in 11th and 12th class will it create problem?
10th September 2014, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

can u plz tell me,what books imported in civil servies for pre, and aftr "ll passing pre exam. what buk i hv study for main ...but still what i choose a book for pre exam...nd plz can u hlp me..plz frnd can u give me a pre exam or main exam previous paper...plz i need ....u can snd me a email fr giving me a previous or main exam paper ...

[email protected]
10th September 2014, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

can u plz tell me,what books imported in civil servies for pre, and aftr "ll passing pre exam. what buk i hv study for main ...but still what i choose a book for pre exam...nd plz can u hlp me..plz frnd can u give me a pre exam or main exam previous paper...plz i need ....u can snd me a email fr giving me a previous or main exam paper ...in public addministration

[email protected]
29th December 2014, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

how can i join civil service?
plse send answer to my mail id : [email protected] plzzzzz.....................
1st September 2015, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

i am doing my 2nd btech.what are the steps to be taken from now to join in civill services.And which kinds of books should i read from now.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?