15th March 2016, 01:46 PM
aakash chaudharyi

How can I join Indian Navy after class 12?

How can I join Indian navy after class 12. I am passing my 12 class with physics biology and chemistry. Please tell me complete procedure.

15th March 2016, 06:23 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Navy after class 12?

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to join Indian Navy as you did not go through Mathematics subject in your 12th class.

In order to be eligible to apply for Navy wing, one should have completed 12th class with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects.

But you are not fulfilling this criteria. Hence you can not apply for Indian Navy.

However, if you are interested, you can apply for Army wing for which the candidates who have completed 12th class with any stream are eligible.

The respective Entrance Exam is NDA Exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. Every year UPSC conducts this exam twice a year.

Through this exam, the candidates can apply for 3 different Defence services
-Army
-Navy
-Air Force

Required age criteria is 16.5 years to 19 years.

One more mandatory requirement is, only unmarried male candidates are eligible to take this exam.

If you have profound interest to join Indian Navy, go for Maths and Physics subjects at least in your Graduation and then apply for CDS Exam.
15th March 2016, 06:28 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for NDA examination for recruitment in Indian Navy.

As, it is necessary to have mathematics and Physics and as main paper in 10+2 to join Navy.

But, if you are interested in Defence service you can appear NDA examination for recruitment in Indian Army. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th March 2016, 06:48 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to let you know that, you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy because of not having Mathematics in your academics at higher secondary level.

But in case you are interested to get into defense services then you have the option of Indian Army with you as this wing of Indian Defense Service does not demands for particular subject in the academics.

Also to join Indian Army at higher secondary education level you will have to clear NDA entrance examination.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and the same entrance examination is held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board Interview.

--> The minimum qualifications which you must possess to appear in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried male with the nationality of India.

* Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your higher secondary degree education with any stream from a recognized board. Equivalent degree holders or students pursuing final year of the mentioned degree course are also eligible.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

For more queries regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in or www.upscexam.com.
15th March 2016, 07:49 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The only way to get entry into Navy is through National Defence Academy entrance exam conducted every year by Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility criteria for NDA/NA exam:

>>Candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics in 10+2. You have not studied Mathematics, so you are not eligible to join Indian Navy.

After completion of bachelor's degree, you can apply for Combined Defence Services exam but for that also bachelor's degree in science or engineering or technology is required to apply for CDS exam for Navy.
15th March 2016, 08:13 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For NDA/NA exam for Indian Navy, mathematics in 10+2 is compulsory. Without mathematics in 10+2, a person can not become eligible to join Navy.

You can not join Navy at 12th standard without mathematics in 10+2.
15th March 2016, 08:43 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

*Candidates from biology background are not eligible for Indian Navy as it is clearly mentioned on official website of UPSC that only those who have studied Mathematics and Physics in 10+2 are eligible for Navy and Air Force.

*Hence, you can not apply for NDA/NA exam for joining Navy.
15th March 2016, 08:43 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

You can only join Indian Navy if you would have taken Math subject in +2 Std. To get job in Indian Army you will have to apply for the NDA entrance exam.

There are Fields in NDA :

1.Indian Army
2.Indian Airforce
3.Indian Navy

Eligibility criteria for the NDA entrance exams are :

Nationality:Indian
Marital Status: Unmarried

To apply online you can visit to the website : http://www.upsc.gov.in

Exam patterns of the NDA :

Physics : 100 Marks
Chemistry : 60 Marks
General science : 40 Marks
History : 80 Marks
Geography : 50 Marks
Current Events : 40 Marks

There are two part of NDA entrance exam I.e NDA-1 & NDA-2.

NDA-1 application form will be available in month of April, and NDA-2 form will be available in month of November. Hence click the above link and check for availability of application form of NDA-1 & NDA-2
15th March 2016, 08:57 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

It is compulsory to have mathematics as main paper in 10+2 to join Indian Navy, Air Force.

So, as per your information you are not eligible to join Indian Navy. NDA examination conducted by UPSC twice every year for recruitment of candidates in Navy, Army and Air Force.

So, you can now only apply for recruitment in Army. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th March 2016, 09:45 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakash chaudharyi View Post
How can I join Indian navy after class 12. I am passing my 12 class with physics biology and chemistry. Please tell me complete procedure.
For joining Indian Navy just after 10+2, you will have to appear for NDA Exam.

There are four preferences to be chosen while filling form for NDA Exam i.e.
  • Air Force
  • Army
  • Navy
  • Naval Academy

You must have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as your primary subject to apply for Air Force, Navy, and Naval Academy.

As you have passed with Biology in place of Mathematics in 10+2, so you are not eligible for Navy.

Instead, you can apply for joining Army wing of NDA after you qualify NDA Written Test.
16th March 2016, 12:09 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

For recruitment in Indian Navy after 10+2 candidates have to appear and qualify in NDA examination.

The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in different wings of defence services. So as per notification of UPSC it is mandatory to have PCM as main paper for recruitment in Navy.

So, you are not eligible for recruitment in Indian Navy.
16th March 2016, 12:26 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY.

Nice to see your interest in Indian Navy. You may join the Indian Navy through the NDA examination. The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA Entrance Examination. :
-->You need pass 12th class from a recognize board/University. 12th board exam appearing student can also apply for the NDA entrance examination.
-->The age must be between 16 1/2 to 19 years at the time of examination.

NOTE : Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for the NDA examination. Female candidates are not eligible.

So, as per eligibility criteria you may apply for the NDA entrance examination. This examination is conducted twice in every year. For any more and complete information regarding the upcoming NDA entrance examination please visit the official website of the UPSC : - http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th March 2016, 12:26 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Navy after 10+2 candidates have to appear and qualify in both stages of NDA examination.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and the eligibility to appear for the entrance examination is:-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from recognized board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Candidate must have PCM as main paper for appearing for Navy or Air Force.
So, you are not eligible for recruitment in Navy. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?