27th November 2019, 04:53 PM
aish1221

How can I prepare for IAF entrance exam while being in class 11th?

Hi, presently I am studying in class 11th from Science stream and wants to appear for the entrance exam of Indian Air Force (IAF) after completing my 12th Board exams. So, how can I start preparing for it from now only?

29th November 2019, 12:00 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I prepare for IAF entrance exam while being in class 11th?

After completion of senior secondary board examination, you can appear for National Defence Academy entrance examination. NDA/NA examination is conducted twice every year by UPSC.

You can prepare for subjects like Mathematics, General knowledge and awareness from Arihant books, prepare previous year papers from this publication. Practice of English language and grammar upto standard 10th.

You must work on science subjects upto standard 12th. You can crack only when you have good knowledge of these subjects.
29th November 2019, 03:41 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to appear for the NDA and other examination conducted by Indian Air Force the recruitment.

The minimum required educational qualification is that candidate must have passed or appearing in 12th board examination. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidate are eligible.

For Group Y or X entry the minimum age limit is 18 years. So, you can appear in the examination and after qualifying in it will become eligible for selection in the Indian Air Force.
29th November 2019, 10:40 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAF stands for Indian Air Force. You can prepare following subjects in order to clear competitive exam to enter into IAF after board exam of 12th.

>>Mathematics is an important subject. You should practice as much as possible from 9th to 12th standard books of mathematics like R.D Sharma. Then practice it from previous year papers of National Defence Academy exam.

>>Then your focus should be on English Grammar. You can refer to Wren and Martin for better concepts. Cram some static general knowledge from Lucent Publication book.

>>Good Concepts of science subjects like PCB is necessary to excel in science section.

For IAF, Mathematics and Physics is necessary. The age limit for NDA/NA exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years.
30th November 2019, 09:41 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IAF is Indian Air Force. If you want to join Indian Air Force after 12th then you need to apply for National Defence Academy conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

There are two stages of this exam:

1. Written Test.

2. Service Selection Board.

The age limit is 16.5 to 19.5 years. Only unmarried male Indian candidates can apply for this exam.

Written test consists of two papers called Paper I of mathematics and Paper II of General Ability Test. GAT consists of questions from General Science, English and General knowledge.

Your focus should be on Mathematics of standard 11th and 12th. Then prepare for paper II. Try to analyze previous year papers.
30th November 2019, 03:54 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy. Examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in std 12th from a recognised board.

Candidates pursuing 12th in science stream are eligible for recruitment in Indian Air Force.

The examination is conducted in two stages -

Written.

SSB.

So, you can start the preparation for examination and qualify in it for the final selection. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?