21st April 2018, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

How can I study Dietitian course to become a Nutritionist being a 12th Commerce student with 4 years gap?

Hello, I have completed my 12th 4 years ago from Commerce stream. I want to become a Nutritionist. Am I eligible for it? How can I pursue for Dietitian course and become a Nutritionist?

1st May 2018, 03:35 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I study Dietitian course to become a Nutritionist being a 12th Commerce student with 4 years gap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I have completed my 12th 4 years ago from Commerce stream. I want to become a Nutritionist. Am I eligible for it? How can I pursue for Dietitian course and become a Nutritionist?
Since you belong to the Commerce background you cannot opt for the course related to Nutritionist because the minimum eligibility to enter into this field of study is a Science background only. No, private institute will allow you for the admission because you did not fulfill the minimum academic qualification which is the most important criteria while selecting the candidates for the Nutritionist course.

As you have mentioned that you belong to the Commerce background and which is also good and there are ample of opportunities in Private as well as Government sector. Here are the list of courses that you can opt being a student of Commerce:

- MBA Finance

- Banking and Finance related courses

- Investment Banking

- Operations Management

- Financial Planner

- Risk Management

- M.Com etc.
2nd May 2018, 01:48 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I study Dietitian course to become a Nutritionist being a 12th Commerce student with 4 years gap?

No, you cannot become Nutritionist because of your 12th class education.

To become Dietician or Nutritionist you should have studied B.Sc in food technology/ home science/ nutrition from any recognised university.

The eligibility required to study any of the course is a 10+2 in PCB related stream from any recognised board.

Since you have studied 12th class in commerce you are not eligible for studying any of the following courses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?