8th October 2018, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

How can I study MBBS after completing BSc(Nursing)?

Sir, I am the student of BSc Nursing, studying in 3rd year and after completing my BSc, I want to study MBBS course. So, please tell me that how can I study MBBS course after my this BSc course? Please tell me immediately.

12th October 2018, 10:53 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I study MBBS after completing BSc(Nursing)?

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor or surgery and as the name suggests it is a bachelor degree course of five and a half years ( including an year of internship ) after completing which a candidate head towards becoming a doctor.

Further, the minimum education required for pursuing MBBS degree course is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Biology, and Chemistry as a main subjects with at least 50% marks in PCB group subjects from a recognized board of education. Further, marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, being a student of B.Sc in Nursing degree course, you are eligible for seeking admission to MBBS degree as the minimum education required to pursue B.Sc in Nursing degree course is same as required for MBBS degree course.

Further, for pursuing MBBS degree course from a medical of India, you need to qualify anyone of NEET, AIIMS MBBS entrance examination, and JIPMER MBBS entrance examination.
13th October 2018, 12:03 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

MBBS is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and it is five year course.

To get admission in NEET examination you have to appear and qualify in NEET examination.

NEET is conducted by NTA. The required qualification to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper with minimum 50%. So, if you have the required qualification then you are eligible to appear in examination and eligible for admission in MBBS course.
13th October 2018, 03:48 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria for NEET-

1.Candidate have passed 12th board with PCB stream from a recognised board.
2.Minimum age required is 17 years.
3.There is relaxation for reserved categories in upper age limit.

So,you are eligible to study MBBS course after qualifying NEET.
13th October 2018, 06:38 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. This is an undergraduate course for which so many entrance examination are conducted at the National level.

After pursuing Bachelor's degree in Nursing, You can apply for the entrance examination of MBBS course. To be eligible for entrance exam, you must have studied PCB with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board.

Some of entrance exam for MBBS are:

AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Science), NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test). The eligibility criteria is same for both the examination.

For more information, you can visit their Official website.
13th October 2018, 07:26 PM
Aatma Parivaar
Senior Member+

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.

This is an undergraduate course for which so many entrance examination are conducted at the National level.

After pursuing Bachelor's degree in Nursing, You can apply for the entrance examination of MBBS course.

The eligibility criteria for this exam is candidate must have studied PCB with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board. English is Compulsory subject.

Some of entrance exam for MBBS are:

1. AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Science).

2. NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test).

The eligibility criteria is same for both the examination.

For more information, you can visit their Official website.
13th October 2018, 08:00 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know is that to study MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery ) from a medical college of India, you need to qualify NEET or AIIMS MBBS entrance examination or JIPMER MBBS entrance examination.

Further, for appearing in any of these entrance examination and therefore to pursue MBBS degree course from a medical college of India, the minimum education required is a Class 12th with PCB group with at least 50% marks ( or 60% in case of AIIMS ) from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates in case of each examination as per the government norms.

So, being a student of B.Sc in Nursing degree course, you are eligible for pursuing MBBS degree course if you have managed to secure 50% marks ( or 40% marks in case you belong to reserved category ) at your Class 12th level and manages to qualify anyone of the three mentioned examinations.
14th October 2018, 07:10 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. The admission to MBBS course is done through either NEET exam or AIIMS or JIPMER examination. The eligibility criteria for these exams is that candidate must have studied PCB subjects in 12th and secured minimum of 50% marks in board exam of 12th.

The age criteria for MBBS entrance exams is 17-25 years. If you meet these two requirements after Bachelor of Nursing course then you can apply for NEET 2019 and crack it to get admission in MBBS course in any government medical college of India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?