11th February 2020, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

How can we become an Assistant Professor or Professor in Colleges?

I am in B.Com 3rd year. I want to know about the procedure of Assistant Professor as well as Professor. Also, want to know that which will be the best subject for Master's degree. Is M.Com a better option for that? Would I also have to do B.Ed or M.Phil or PhD?

13th February 2020, 01:31 PM
soumyadipghosh
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can we become an Assistant Professor or Professor in Colleges?

To become an assistant professor:
Step 1 : qualify UGC NET( in respective subject)/ SET with a valid rank and score.
Step 2 : Enroll in Ph.D
Step 3 : Give interview for Assistant professor job. Pass it.
*** NET/ SET qualify candidates can give interview for Assistant professor jobs while they are pursuing Ph.d . It does not matter whether they complete Ph.d or not.

**50% mark in post graduation (in respective subject) is must for appearing in UGC NET/ SET. Even final year candidates of post graduation can appear in UGC NET examination.
I would like to tell you pursue M.com in Economics.
13th February 2020, 09:31 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can we become an Assistant Professor or Professor in Colleges?

To become Assistant Professor, you will have to pursue master course and then qualify in the NET examination.

The required minimum aggregate is 55% in master degree to appear for NET. There is no age limit to appear in the examination.

Examination is conducted for final selection. If you will have Ph.D degree it will be given extra marks during the selection procedure.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?