27th March 2020, 04:38 PM
Athul Paul

How can we prepare for Civil Service exams while continuing and after completing BDS?

Sir, now I'm doing my 1st year of BDS. My dream is to be a good responsible Civil Service Officer. So, I want to write Civil Service Exam. So what should I do? Which subject can I opt after BDS?

31st March 2020, 12:10 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can we prepare for Civil Service exams while continuing and after completing BDS?

As, you are in the first year of bachelor degree course you have lot of time for preparation for examination.

So, you just need to prepare for the examination with consistency and as per the syllabus of examination to qualify in the very first attempt while in the final year or after bachelor degree.

The examination is conducted in three stages. It is compulsory to qualify in all the stages for final selection.

So, first you should start reading NCERT books and make a habit of reading newspaper and keep yourself updates with event going around the country as well as world.

For syllabus and other details regarding selection procedure or previous year paper visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st March 2020, 03:38 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can we prepare for Civil Service exams while continuing and after completing BDS?

The eligibility to appear in the Civil Service Examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years. So, you can prepare for the examination till you become eligible to appear in the examination.

Candidates are eligible to select the optional paper for Mains examination other than the discipline in bachelor degree.

So, you can select the one in which you are interested and have better knowledge.

To qualify in the examination, you have to prepare with dedication, determination and devotion.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st March 2020, 04:46 PM
stutiswet2

For appearing in Civil Service exam, you should have completed graduation or must be in final year of your graduation course. Since, BDS is already a graduation course.
Since, you are in first year now, so as soon as you reach in final year of your graduation, you will be eligible for Civil Services exam. Then, you can appear for it. There will be three stages to crack Civil Service Exam.
  1. Preliminary
  2. Mains
  3. Personal Interview
No subject is required to be chosen in Preliminary exam but you will have to chose subject for Mains Exam. That you can choose as per your interest and knowledge.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?