14th May 2017, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

How a Diploma holder can appear in JEE examination?

Hello i have completed my diploma in this year and i want to know that how do i get admitted or appear in JEE? Please give some information regarding the same. Thank you

15th May 2017, 02:20 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How a Diploma holder can appear in JEE examination?

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and it is a national level engineering entrance examination held by CBSE once every year for offering admission in B.Tech/ B.E. degree course in any CFTIs like IIT, NIT, etc. and private engineering colleges.

The minimum educational qualification required for appearig in JEE for admission in CFTIs is a higher secondary school degree with Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics as main subjects with at least 75% aggregate ( or 65% in case of SC/ST and PWD category candidates ) from a recognized board of examination. Students failing to secure required percentage but still managing to lie within top 20 percentile candidate of their respective board are also eligible.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in JEE being a Diploma degree holder then your are eligible only if duration of your diploma degree course is three years and your institute is recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education.

For more details about JEE you can refer to its official website i.e; www.jeemain.nic.in and download information bulletin regarding it from the same link.
15th May 2017, 09:15 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How a Diploma holder can appear in JEE examination?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ). The eligibility to appear for JEE is :-

Candidate must have passed 12th or equivalent degree from a recognised institute.

Candidate must have passed 12th with PCM as main paper for B.Tech and B.E course.

So, if you have passed diploma from a recognised institute you are eligible to appear for examination.

For further details visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?