12th December 2012, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

How to do M.Tech after completing B.Tech in 5 years

i completed my b.tech in 5 years and now i had 2 years of work experience in small company, now i am planing to m.tech is it right plan ?

12th December 2012, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to do M.Tech after completing B.Tech in 5 years

i done my B.tech in electrical 2011 but i still not able to get job in the related field plz help me how can i got the job. and which companies is best for electrical engineers
12th December 2012, 02:35 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i completed my b.tech in 5 years and now i had 2 years of work experience in small company, now i am planing to m.tech is it right plan ?
Dear,

It is good that you are planning for higher studies after some work experience. It will help you to grow in your organisation and improve your work profile and salary too.

For taking admission in M.tech you have to qualify GATE exam. But since you are not in a habit of study for last 2 years it will be a bit hard for you. But if you are serious for it you can go for it.

You can even go for distance learning M.tech from recognised diatanvce learning universities like
  1. Sikkim Manipal university
  2. Annamali university
  3. IGNOU
  4. KSOU...etc
Since you have experience it will be beneficial for you. Regular course will be too much for you as i don't think any person can go for a college life again after some Gap but still its all your capability and interest.

Best of luck!
12th December 2012, 03:14 PM
ibadsyed

Quote:
Hi, Higher education is always a better idea. Completing B.tech in 5 years does not hurdle your chances for doing M.tech. You can still do your M.tech from top collegesmof India.

For doing M.tech you will have to appear in the exam known as GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)
The exam is conducted in the month of Feb every year. The eligibility of the exam is you must have a BE/B.tech degree. However a last year engg. student can also apply.

The syllabus for the exam is similar to your BE/B.tech syllabus of 2nd and 3rd yr. Please keep track on the notifications of the exam in the leading newspapers.
12th December 2012, 07:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested in further studies then definitely it is a good plan. It will help you in your profession if you have a masters degree.

For getting admission into M.tech. you have to give entrance exam and get a good rank .

Those who get good rank will get a good college.

The best college give admission to GATE qualified candidates. So if you are GATE qualified then no need to give entrance.

If you are not GATE qualified then you have to apply for different universities entrance exam and if get a good rank then after counselling you will get your desired college.

So prepare for entrance exam if you want to get admission into good college.

Other than M.Tech you can also go for MBA as many engineers do. But for getting admission in MBA you have to appear for entrance exams like CAT, MAT, GMAT etc.

So it is your decision in the end what you have to choose . Best of luck..
12th December 2012, 08:29 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

Doing M.Tech will be a good option for your career and it is good to do so.

As you mentioned that you are working for a small company I suggest you to continue in the same work and go for the M.Tech course in distance education.

There are lots of colleges in India which offer good part time courses in M.Tech so working in the company and growing in your career will be a good option.

Thank you,

All the best.
5th January 2013, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

what job should i do after completing B.tech with 5years of gap?
In which only 10 months of work experience in different industry type..
5th January 2013, 07:42 PM
sushildhaker

You can go for M.tech from top engineering colleges in India.To get admission in these colleges you must have min 60 % in graduation since it is the min required marks for GATE exam.GATE is conducted by IITs and IISc Bangalore to provide admission in various streams in M.tech.

GATE notification-every year in the month of October GATE notification is released,after this notification you can fill application form through online mode.

GATE paper pattern-There will be an objective paper which will consist 65 questions and total marks will be 100.There will negative marking for wrong answer.

GATE exam-exam is conducted in the month of February.

GATE result-you will get result in the month of march.

Admission-Once you know your score and all India percentile you will have a option to apply for the colleges according to your rank.

Colleges are-

IISc

IITs

NITs

Central govt universities

Top private universities like BITs etc.
5th January 2013, 08:08 PM
ankit80
Member+

Well dear it is good to know that you are planning for higher studies after work experience.to take admission in m.tech you have to qualify gate exam.as you are away from study since last 2 years so it may be difficult for you but you can do it if you work hard for it so you shnuld go for it and get admission in m.tech.
Best of luck
5th January 2013, 09:20 PM
ipkay93

Quote:
Hello dear aspirant, as you have completed your B.Tech much before and want to apply for a job then you have many options:

You can apply for the Indian Engineering Services but the eligibility depends on your age, your age should be below 30 years and your percentage in the Graduation.

Indian Administrative Services which requires a lot of hard work and dedication.

You can apply for the Defense services and Railways, for this you need to clear a written test followed by a physical and medical.

You can opt for a company job, each company has its own norms on the age bar and the graduation percentage. You can check the Eligibility conditions on the official website of the companies you wish to join.

Regards,
Pkay.
5th January 2013, 09:22 PM
abhishek0123

For doing M.Tech you have to 1st apply for the GATE. Then you should have a valid GATE score. Then depending on that there will be admission procedure through which you will get admissions in following colleges:=
IITs
NITs
Autonomous Institutes
5th January 2013, 09:26 PM
ipkay93

Quote:
Hello dear aspirant, as you have completed your B.Tech much before and want to apply for a job then you have many options:

You can apply for the Indian Engineering Services but the eligibility depends on your age, your age should be below 30 years and your percentage in the Graduation.

Indian Administrative Services which requires a lot of hard work and dedication.

You can apply for the Defense services and Railways, for this you need to clear a written test followed by a physical and medical.

You can opt for a company job, each company has its own norms on the age bar and the graduation percentage. You can check the Eligibility conditions on the official website of the companies you wish to join.

Regards,
Pkay.
5th January 2013, 09:33 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to do M.Tech after completing B.Tech in 5 years

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

Yeah you can go for the mtech without any hesitation .Since you have 2 years experience in your field.Doing mtech will be more comfortable for you.

You can come out with flying colors.

It is a right plan.YOu could also get more better company since you have a experience in your domain.

The main project and mini will be a very easy task for you since you have a experience in your work.

All the work experience can be kept in your project and dealt in a more good way.That will surely be an addon to your resume and give you a bright career.

But if you could provide your domain in your query.I would have gave you more points on your domain.

Any way all the best for your MTECH.

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
11th February 2013, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

is it worth doing distance learning M.tech from recognised distance learning universities like
Sikkim Manipal university
Annamali university
IGNOU
KSOU...etc

I have 4 years work exp in IT, will the companies consider this distance Mtech? I heard from few that the Mtech from these distance learning universities is fake? please help me.
11th February 2013, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

is it worth doing distance learning M.tech from recognised distance learning universities like
Sikkim Manipal university
Annamali university
IGNOU
KSOU...etc

I have 4 years work exp in IT, will the companies consider this distance Mtech? I heard from few that the Mtech from these distance learning universities is fake? please help me.
11th February 2013, 06:28 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

Doing M.Tech will be a good option for your career and it is good to do so.

As you mentioned that you are working for a small company I suggest you to continue in the same work and go for the M.Tech course in distance education.

There are lots of colleges in India which offer good part time courses in M.Tech so working in the company and growing in your career will be a good option.

Thank you,

All the best.
17th May 2013, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

i completed btech in low ranked college can i do my ntech in good college by passing gate exam
5th December 2013, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

Can anyone suggest me whether it is worth to do M.TECH after 5 YEARS.I completed B.tech in 2009 and have 3.5 yrs experience in small IT concern.Whether TOP MNC will recruit me after M.TECH
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?