19th September 2017, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

How to find out whether my JEE main marks is under 20 percentile or not?

Is my JEE mains 301 marks is under 20 percentile? Will I get admission in a good college or not? Can you please guide me with the details on this? What is the procedure followed to start applying next? Awaiting for your answer soon. Thank you!

20th September 2017, 04:05 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to find out whether my JEE main marks is under 20 percentile or not?

Yes, you can admission in good colleges/ universities.

Every year the cut off marks varies based on the candidate appeared and question paper. For every reservation candidates there will different cut off marks.

After getting the results there will be 7 rounds of counselling. This counselling process is done by the JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority). You need to register for counselling by filling the application form. After submitting you'll receive a date, place of counselling which you need to attend and submit all the required documents and apply for the colleges/ universities.
Based on your marks you'll be allotted a college/ university.
20th September 2017, 09:08 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to find out whether my JEE main marks is under 20 percentile or not?

First thing I would like to let you know that percentile score suggests percentage of students securing marks which have been secured by you.

Now as far as you have mentioned that you have mentioned 301 marks in JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) Main then you must not be worried about your marks to lie within the top 20 percentile criteria as you will definitely among the top 2 to 3 percentile candidates and hence you will get admission in any top engineering college on the basis of your JEE Main. Also if you have managed at least 75% marks in your Class 12th then you will get admission in top CFTIs ( except IIT ) also on the basis of JEE Main.

Also I would like to let you know that you can not calculate your percentile score on your own as you does not know the number of candidates securing marks greater than you. Further your percentile score of JEE Main is displayed on your JEE Main score card and hence to know you JEE Main percentile score you can refer to your JEE Main score card.

For more details and FAQs regarding JEE you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?