31st May 2018, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

How to get a job in the Archaeology Department of India?

I'm currently doing my undergraduate course in Psychology but I'm very much interested in Archaeology and I want to work in archaeology department. What should I do to get a job in Archaeology Department of India?

2nd June 2018, 01:56 AM
perthc

Default Re: How to get a job in the Archaeology Department of India?

Hi,

In order to get a job in Archaeology Department of India, you have to be at first a graduate.

For graduation you can choose any stream but it is better to have a bachelor’s degree in history, sociology, or anthropology for a better understanding of the concepts of archaeology.

After you complete your graduation,you have to complete your Postgraduate or Masters in Archaeology.

For that you can apply in any university. The Institute of Archaeology under the aegis of Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), New Delhi, conducts a two year Post Graduate Diploma in Archaeology.

The eligibility of entry to this program includes a master’s degree in Ancient or Medieval Indian History, Anthropology, or Archaeology from a recognized university.

A job opportunity is hereby attached,which will give you a hint how you get job after completing your Master's degree in Archaeology.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf engagement_of_archaelogists_20180502.pdf(2.35 MB, 3 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?